Chapter 26

If you didn't read on my profile, I'm cutting season 2 short because I want to move on to my BNHA book since it's on season 3 and I don't wanna fall behind. In the future I will come back to rewrite it, but for now it will stay like this till I come back to it and fix it. But either way, I hope you enjoy it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-3rd POV-

Tanjiro ran with a sleeping Nezuko in his arms, 'Thank goodness Nezuko's asleep.' He thought, then looked at his sleeping sibling, his mind going back to when she lost control.

"Hushabye..."

"Nezuko! Stop it!"

"Baby bunny on the hill...Tell me why your eyes are so red..."

He made it to the building where the box was, jumped on to the tiled roof, then gently put her in. He looked at her with soft eyes and smiled softly, "You sleep tight now."

Around the sleeping girl's mouth was a thick rope, a replacement for her broken muzzle.

Then he closed the small door of the box. He stood up, and went to the other side, tying the broken strap of the box, 'I can still fight. I can still move. This time...I'm going to fight to the end! To the very end!' He thought, putting his arms through the straps and running.

-----

"Huh! This really pisses me off. You're good-looking, you have three wives, and on top of that, you're full of swagger. You're different, aren't you? You're not like any of the other Hashira I have killed. You must've been special since the day you were born. A chosen talent, huh? That makes me so jealous! I need you to die as soon as possible!" Gyutaro said. 

"Talent?" Uzui began, letting out a small chuckle, "Do I look like someone with any talent? If someone like me gives that impression, you really are living a blessed life." He said, which made the male demon frown, "You may be centuries old, but if you've stayed shut up inside a place like this...I guess you can't help being ignorant of the real world."

"What do you know about it?" Daki said.

"I know, all right. But you have no clue do you? See, this country is vast. It's teeming with people who'd blow your mind. Some are complete enigmas. Some can take up a sword and become a Hashira in two months. Me, chosen? Don't give me that crap! Just how many lives do you think I've let slip through my fingers until now?"

(Y/n) stared at the male, her eyes widening a bit, seeing purple spots on him.

'That's right. I can't be like Rengoku!'

"Then how do you explain it? My blood sickles are drenched with deadly poison, yet you simply refuse to die!" The demon male exclaimed, scratching his neck.

"I come from a line of shinobi. I've become resistant, so poison doesn't work on me."

"The shinobi were wiped out back during the Edo Period! Don't give us that crap!" The female demon said.

"That's no lie. The shinobi exist."

-Small Flashback-

"I had nine brothers and sister. Seven of them died by the time I turned 15. Panicked by our clan's decline, my father, just like a man possessed, forced us to submit to brutal training, and the only survivors were myself and my brother, who was two years younger. My brother was exactly like my father. The same mindset, the same mannerisms as my father...His subordinates were pawns. His wives were expandable so long as they produced heirs. No one else ever had any say. Resolutely indifferent. And I...didn't want to become like him!"