Chapter 37

-3rd POV-

'Why are you running away? Isn't this just what you've been doing to humans?' Tanjiro thought as he ran, branches hitting his face, 'Why are you all...so self-serving?'

"Just now, you tried to slash a small, weak being who could fit in the palm of your hand. Utterly atrocious..."

He tried to do a Hinokami Kagura, but Hantengu only ran  between some rocks, making it useless as the teen jumped over it, 'And yet...we humans are...always powerless! But we're never going to...give up!'

Two trees came down as the demon ran, which barely hit him. He looked back and saw Nezuko, who raised her hand and tried to slice him with her sharp nails, to which he ended up running even faster.

(Y/n) grinned as she appeared in front of him, holding her hands out to grab him, "Come here, demon-chan!" She exclaimed, but pouted when he changed direction.

"He runs so fast! What's his deal? Dammit!" Genya exclaimed, as they ran after the demon, "We'll never catch up! Did he really have that much strength left in reserve?"

'We'll be reaching our limit soon. If this goes on, he's going to get away!' The burgundy haired male looked up at the sky, seeing it getting brighter, 'It's almost daybreak! Ms. Kanroji's reeling off one powerful attack after another with our allied demons help! But it won't be long before she loses stamina! And when day breaks, the demons will escape! We've got to hurry!'

He watched as Hantengu twisted and turned as he ran in every direction,'Still...it's so fast! Dammit! He's planning to keep running forever! Before day breaks! Until Ms. Kanroji breaks down! We're not gonna let you do that! We're not...gonna let you win!' He slightly tripped, falling behind the rest, 'It's no use! I can't plant my feet! If only I hadn't injured my left leg! No good! I can't let this happen! I have to figure this out!'

"Tanjiro? Thunder Breathing's all about focusing on your legs the most. See...when it comes to the size of your own body or the shape of each of your muscles...it's actually hard to get a good grasp of all that. "It's not true Total Concentration until you're aware of them all." That's what...Gramps, my trainer, was always telling me."

'Each and every fiber of my muscles...Every single vein in my body...Circulate air throughout them.' He planted one foot on the ground, 'Collect all your strength into your legs only! Collect it! Let it explode with a single breath! Slash through the air. Like thunder!' He thought, as he passed by the three, shocking them.

'I see you! I won't let you escape!' The male then swung his blade at Hantengu, using the Hinokami, 'Do it! Do it! This time for sure! With every ounce of your strength!

"Don't you..." Hantengu began.

'Slash its head! No matter what!'

He turned his head at him, "...feel the least bit...sorry for me?" He grew in size, "Not at all?" He grabbed Tanjiro's head, "Don't you dare bully the weak!" He exclaimed, as he tightened his grip, making the male's grip on his blade loosen and started to lose consciousness.

Genya ran up, putting his hands on the demon's to get him to release the male, Your so-called reasons...are all total crap! You stupid bastard!"

Hantengu opened his mouth to let out a screech attack, making the males eyes widen, before closing their eyes at the loud noise.