Chapter 9

-3rd POV-

The masked male jumped towards the demon.

"Infuriating! Infuriating!" The demon said, tapping the tsuzumi, which made the room flip again.

Teruko landed on her back with a small yell, which made Tanjiro look at her.

"Teruko! Hold onto the furniture!" He said, before bringing his arm up, when he noticed the other male come towards him, using him as a step, "That one's a demon with supernatural powers! Stop launching those reckless assaults!"

The male only laughed.

-----

Zenitsu trembled, holding Shoichi's hand, as they walked.

(Y/n) followed in the back, holding on to the boy's other hand, smiling softly.

"Excuse me, Zenitsu." The black haired boy said, which made the blond jump and let out a yell.

He jumped on the kid, "Signal...Signal...Signal...Signal me first! If you want to talk, don't come at me all of a sudden! My heart nearly flew out of my mouth just now!"

"I'm sorry."

"If that had come to pass, that would've made you a murderer for sure! Do you get that?"

'I don't think that would be murder...I think it would just be pure dumb that you would die like that...' The white haired girl thought, listening.

"It's just that...See...You've been sweating, gasping and shivering so horribly. (Y/n)-nee, has been calm and laughing at your cowardness." Shoichi said.

"What about it? Aren't I doing the best I can here?" Zenitsu said, as the girl giggled.

"Well, forgive me for saying so, but you're making me nervous, too, so..."

"Oh no! Sorry about that!" He exclaimed, tears running down his face, "Even still...Even still...If we talk too much, those demons and all will...They might find us, right? That's why...I think it would be best to be as quiet as possible! Right?"

Shoichi saw what was behind the male and he started to shake, before was pulled back by the girl, making him grip her haori.

Zenitsu turned his head, seeing a demon appearing from under the floor.

"A couple of kids. Probably most agreeable to the tongue." The demon said.

"What did I tell you? A demon showed up! A demon showed up, understand?"

Soon, the three started running. Well, (Y/n) could've slayed the demon, but she was having fun seeing the blond's misery.

"Stay away! Stay away from us! Stop that! (Y/n)-chan! Help us!!" The male slayer said, as they saw the demon following them, "W-W-We don't taste good! I'm sure I taste awful! I'm serious, okay? This kid's all skin and bones, so he's all dry and tastes ghastly! (Y/n) will also probably taste awful!"

"How will I know until I have a taste?" The demon said, before using their tongue to aim at the three.

"Noooo!" He said, before pushing the two to the side, which made the tongue hit a vase of water, "What was that? Quick-tongued! Splitting a vase in two!" He exclaimed, before dragging the two again, seeing the tongue aimed at them, "That's just not possible!"

They then burst through a room.

"Zenitsu! Get up!" Shoichi said.

"It's in my knees now! 80 percent of my fear is in my knees!"

"This is no time to whine, all right?"

(Y/n) smiled, "Well, I guess I'll come into play." She said, getting her blade out.