Mugen Train Arc

-3rd POV-

As the train started to crash, Lower One kept screaming.

"Because of its screams and tremors, the train's turning over! Are you okay, Inouske? (Y/n)-chan?" Tanjiro said, before gripping his stomach, worrying the other two.

"H-Hey, is your belly okay?" Inouske said.

"Y-Yeah! Inosuke, (Y/n)-chan, protect the passen-" He was then cut off by the train jumping a bit, and saw the unconscious conductor body fly up a bit, 'I can't die. If I die, that'll make him a murderer! I can't die!' He thought as the three were lifted upwards but he fell towards the ground, but then his eyes widen when he landed in someone's arms. He looked up and his eyes widen, being met with sticking blue eyes, since the glasses had slid off, "(Y/n)-chan!"

The girl looked down at him and grinned, "Can't let my other future husband die on me." She said, which made him blush slightly. She then landed a bit away from the train, as it stopped sliding, putting the male down gently on the ground.

From above, a yell was heard, before Inouske fell on to the flesh, bouncing off of it, before landing, then ran towards the two, "Are you okay, Santaro? (W/n)?"

The white haired girl nodded, "We're fine. But his wound..." She trailed off.

"I was lucky I could bounce off the demon's flesh! Cool, huh?" He then grabbed the male, ignoring the girl's protests, "Is you belly okay? Your belly that got stabbed!" He said, shaking him.

"I'm...all right. What about you?" The burgundy haired male said.

"Never felt better! I didn't even catch a cold!"

"I won't be able to move for a while. Help the others, will you? Was anyone injured? What about the engineer near the head?"

The male stared at him, "It's okay if that bastard dies!" He exclaimed, as the girl nodded.

"It's not okay."

"He's the one who stabbed you in the belly, remember? He's got his leg stuck and can't move! His leg's shattered, and he can't walk anymore! Just leave him there, and he'll die!"

"Then, he's already atoned for his sin. Help him, will you? Please."

The masked male grunted, laid the male gently, then huffed, "I'll go for you, then! Because I'm the boss! Because my minion asked me to! After I rescue him, I'm going to pluck out all of that guy's hair!" He said, walking off with blades in his hands.

The girl stared with dotted eyes, 'He sure is reckless...He'll be a good husband and match my recklessness.' She thought, grinning.

"That's really not necessary." Tanjiro mumbled, before looking at the sky, seeing a bit of light, 'It's almost dawn.' He thought, then took breaths, 'Get your breathing under control. We have to...save the injured...before it's too late.' He opened his eyes, 'Nezuko...Sukuna...Zenitsu...Rengoku-san...I'm sure they're all safe! You have to believe!'

(Y/n) smiled softly at him, poking his cheek gently, "It's okay, they're all strong." She softly said.

"Right..."

-----

Coming out the rubble of the train, Lower One came out, but as a blob of flesh.

'My body's disintegrating. I can't regenerate. Did I lose? Am I going to die? Me? Ridiculous. Ridiculous! I haven't been able to go all out! I couldn't devour a single human! My plan to fuse with the train and devour humans en masse just went up in smoke! And now, look what I've been reduced to! After all the time and trouble I've taken! It was him! It's all his fault!' He thought of Rengoku, 'Even though I'd taken 200 humans hostage, still I struggled! I was held at bay! Is this the power of a Hashira?'