Chapter 23

I'm so sorry for taking the longest time to upload! I've been so busy with work, hanging out with my bestie and also my bf (I'm not single anymore :D), and family parties. I'll only be able to write Monday and Tuesday, since Sundays I'm busy. Again, sorry. But I will try to write whenever I can. Thank you for those leaving sweet messages when I post on my profile saying that I'm behind on uploads.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-3rd POV-

"Oiran...We've brought you your tea." The girl with a dark obi said, setting the tea down.

"Thank you. I can do the rest myself, so go on and have your dinner." The older girl said, smiling softly.

"All right!" She got up, and the other small girl followed, walking out the door as the Oiran smiled gently at the two, "We'll be going on ahead, then!"

"Pardon us!"

The two walked out, before peaking in, confusing the older girl.

"I love you, Koinatsu Oiran!"

"I love you, too!"

Koinatsu's face softened and smiled at the two, "Yes! I love you right back! Now that we're clear, go on, okay?"

"Right!" The two young girls said.

The one with the dark obi turned to the other, "Didn't Oiran look really happy?"

"Didn't she?" The other girl said, before the two walked off, giggling.

The Oiran looked back at her mirror, "Oh, those girls..." She said, before checking to see her hair.

"Koinatsu-san?" A voice called out, shocking her, and turning her head, "Sumi-chan?"

Behind her was Tanjiro, who was now in his demon slayer uniform.

"Forgive me for being so rude. I am leaving the Tokito House. Could you please give Master my payment for my food and lodging?" He said, grabbing an envelope and sliding it over to her.

Her eyes widen, "Sumi-chan...The way you're dressed..."

"I had to dress as a woman for certain reasons, but I'm actually a guy!"

"Oh, I already knew that. It was obvious at a glance. And your voice..." She trailed off.

His eyes went dotted, 'What?' He thought.

"I knew you were a boy from the start. I did wonder what you were up to, but..."

'Who knew that I was busted?'

"You have your reasons, don't you? You were worried about Suma-chan for real, weren't you?" 

"Yes! That's the truth! That was no lie! I promise you I'll rescue everyone who vanished!"

Her expression softened, "Thank you. That sets my mind at ease a bit. You see, I'm leaving this district tomorrow."

The burgundy haired male smiled, "Is that right? You must be so happy!"

"There's someone who would want even me as his wife. I really couldn't be happier right now!" She looked down, "But...that's all the more reason why I was worried sick about those I'm leaving behind. Even if I were to get a bad feeling about something, I have no way of even looking into it."

"No one can blame you for that. Please don't worry about it. Please always keep a smile on your face."

The Oiran looked at him, "I don't want you to disappear, either...Sumi-chan."

Tanjiro smiled while looking down, before looking at her, then bowed, "Now then, I'll be off." He stood up, "I wish you every happiness."

"Thank you. You, too, Sumi-chan. And I'm counting on you to save Suma-chan."