Chapter 28

-3rd POV-

"Get lost, will you?! I'm not giving you that key, no matter what! And don't think I'm ever going to show you how to use it!" The kid argued with Muichiro.

'What's going on? Are those two fighting, maybe?' Tanjiro thought, watching, 'What should I do? It's bad manners to eavesdrop! But if they're fighting, I should try to mediate...' Then his eyes widen.

Muchiro had slapped the kids face, making him fall, shocking the burgundy haired male and (Y/n). He then picked the kid by his collar.

"Cut it out!" He exclaimed, running up, and grabbing the Hashira's wrist, "What do you think you're doing?! Take your hands off him!"

The white haired girl facepalmed, 'Now, I have to help Tanji-chan...' She thought.

"Your voice is very annoying. Who are you?" Muichiro questioned him.

"How could you do that to a little kid? Take your hands–" He cut himself off as he looked down at his hand, 'He's not even budging! He's got thinner arms than me, and he's not very big!'

"You take your hands off me." He said, as he then suddenly elbows the male's stomach.

Tanjiro fell to the ground.

"You're quite weak." He said, watching the male cough, "It's a wonder you got into the Demon Slayer Corps." He then noticed something, "Huh? I'm getting a strange vibe from that box. A demon's presence, perhaps?" He stared at Nezuko's box, "What's inside? That box there?" He reached for it, but his hand was slapped.

The burgundy haired male glared at him, "Don't you dare touch it!"

The Hashira looks at his hand that was slapped, then looked at the red coat he held of the kid, seeing that he was no longer in his hand. He looked at the (Y/n), 'She took him.' He thought, staring at her box, 'She has a demon? No...there's several.'

"Are you all right?" The girl questioned the kid.

"L-Let go of me!" The masked kid exclaimed, pushing her away.

"You must be dizzy. That's dangerous!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"Get out of here!" He then turned away from the two slayers, "I'm not...I'm not giving that key to anyone! Not even if you torture me! No way! One more time, and it's going to break down!" He said, looking at the machine.

Muichiro walked up, "Have you been through torture training?" He said, making the three turn to him, "Even most grown-ups can't take it. You'd never last. I can see that you're stupid beyond belief. So what if it breaks down? Just make another one. How many people do you think will perish while you drone on and on about trivial matters?"

The three let out small breaths as they listened to his words.

"That's what it means to obstruct a Hashira in his duty. A Hashira's time is worth far more than time spent by you people. If you think a little, you'll eventually get that, won't you? Swordsmiths can't fight. You can't save lives. Making weapons is all you're good for."

The kid had tears threatening to come down the mask, as Tanjiro and the girl frowned next to him.

"Come on. The key." Muichiro outstretched his hand, "Remember your place whenever you take action. Since you're not a baby anymore."

The burgundy haired male and the female slapped his palm.

The kid was shocked by their actions.

"What are you doing?" He questioned the two.

"I just..." Tanjiro shook, "I don't know why, but...I can't stand you! What is it? Tact, maybe? You have no tact, and you're cruel!" He exclaimed, wiggling his fingers.