Chapter 30

-3rd POV-

The demon let out noises, before Kotetsu ran away. The demon leaps toward Muichiro, but he beheads it in one swift motion.

The head squirmed, as the kid hid behind a bush, watching the scene. The body still stood as it turned to the Hashira and regrew its head.

'I sliced off what I thought was its head, but rather than disintegrate, its body is regenerating. So, that must be it.' Muichiro thought as he stared at the vase on the top of its body. He then jumps and slices the vase in half, making the demon let out a yell as it fell and disintegrated, 'It was getting its power from that vase. So, it's definitely a product of Blood Demon Art.'

Kotetsu comes from the bushes and runs toward him, making him turn to him. He clung to him, crying, "Thank you!" He jumped down, waving his arms, "I thought I was a goner! I thought I was dead! I was so scared!" He climbed the male again, "I shouldn't have called you "seaweed head"! I'm so sorry!"

"You called me "seaweed head"?" He asked him, making him jump down and cry more.

"Sorry! I didn't like you!"

"I don't have time for this. I'm leaving now, so do whatever you want." He said, starting to walk off.

He reached out to him, "Wait! They attacked Mr. Kanamori, too! When I went to help him out, that monster assaulted me!" He got up, running in front of the male, "Mr. Haganezuka's been working nonstop without sleep to restore a sword...so if he stops even for a second, that'll be the end of it! Please..." He bowed, "save him!"

Muichiro stared at him, as he kept bowing.

"Please!"

"No...I..."

"You'll be able to find yourself again for sure...Muichiro." 

His eyes widen as he put a hand to his head, remembering the words of Oyakata.

-Small Flashback-

"I know you must be confused, but for now, just focus on living, nothing more. As long as you're alive, things will work out." He said, sitting beside an injured Muichiro, "You'll regain your lost memories without fail. There's nothing to worry about. Just don't let your chance slip away. It will start out as something insignificant..." He pointed at his head, "and then it will clear away...the mist in your head."

-End of Flashback-

The Hashira let out a small sigh, before picking up the kid and starts running through the forest, making Kotetsu let out a scream.

"Whoa! Hold up! Go a little slower, will you? Just a tiny bit slower!" He exclaimed.

"Don't talk, or you'll bite your tongue." He said, which only made him let out another scream, 'Is this the right thing to do? Isn't this going to keep me from protecting the entire village? No, I can do it. Because I'm a Demon Slayer who's been recognized by Oyakata-sama. the Mist Hashira...Tokito Muichiro.'

-----

Tanjiro looked back, seeing the demon about to let out another screech, but then he sliced it's head in half, 'Oh, snap! I slashed it! What should I do? I'm creating more of them!' He thought, as he watched the parts started to move. He saw that the kanji on the tongues had the same marking, 'The same name?'

The demon then let out another screech, making the male's eyes widen, gasping in pain.

'I get it! That's how it works!' He leaned back forward again, grinning, 'Their attack power's weaker! It probably can't split off into stronger clones indefinitely. Those characters inside its mouth that I got a glimpse of. Emotions...Those four are the most powerful versions, right? If they divide any further...they get weaker!'