Chapter 25

-3rd POV-

"What is it?" Daki said, staring at Tanjiro.

"You were a human once, weren't you? You must've shed tears once, struggling against pain and suffering."

She threw a fist down, creating a dent on the roof, "You really are annoying, rambling on and on like that! I don't remember anything about the past! I'm a demon now, so who cares about that? Demons never grow old. And hey don't need money to eat. They don't get sick. They don't die. They have nothing to lose." She stood up, "Not to mention...we beautiful, powerful demons...can do anything we want!"

"Fine. Enough, then." He said, before heading towards her at a fast speed. 

"Blood Demon Art..." She began, as eight long ranged obi came out her back, "Eight-Layered Obi Slash!" She finished, as the obi layered over one another, trapping the male, 'Now, you can't stop this, can you? It's because you're an idiot! This interweaving attack leaves you with nowhere to run. The parts of my body that were split off to take control of this Hanamachi...Now that I'm whole again, my speed is in a class of its own! You could barely hold your own against my non-Blood Demon Art attacks, so you have no chance now. It's all over for you, isn't it? Farewell! I'm going to slash you, dull sword and all!'

The male brought up his blade.

'And now, I'll be making my way to that Hashira!'

Soon, flames from his blade cut the obi, "Hinokami Kagura...Burning Bones, Summer Sun." He said.

'That hurts! What is this pain? It's like a burning pain where I received that slash! I can't regenerate like I'm supposed to! But his wounds must be deep, too!' She thought as she sent more of her belts towards him, but he kept slicing them, 'Making such violent moves would normally rupture his body on the spot!'

Another obi was sent, but it was sliced down the middle, making blood seep out.

'In the first place, how can he slice my obi?'

Another was deflected by his blade.

'When its durability has increased! My fingertips are trembling. Is this me?' Her eyes widen, 'Muzan-sama?'

Her belts kept attacking the male, but he would only deflect them at the same speed, which she took note off.

'Damn him! Now he's faster than before! It doesn't make sense! Doesn't make sense!' She then jumped away, 'Don't you feel any pain?' She landed on the roof of a building, 'Are you human?' She sent her obi towards the burgundy haired male as he deflected them and weaved through, landing next to her, then sliced her head.

Tanjiro's eyes widen.

"As if someone like you..."

Attaching her head to her body was the obi.

"could ever hope to decapitate me!"

He tried to slice the belt but it would bend, 'It's soft. It's too soft for me to slice through. It blunted my sword slash by bending and weaving.'

One of Daki's belts came down between the two so she could pull away and attach her head back to her body, and sent more towards him, "I won't let you get away! You ugly, vile brat!"

'There are more belts now. Thirteen of them. If I dodge them, they might wreak even more havoc. But for some reason...they're awfully slow.' He deflected them.

"I won't let you cut me! Not this time! Making contact with my neck just now was just a fluke!"

The male was so concentrated on deflecting the belts, that he wasn't even breathing anymore.