Chapter 32

-3rd POV-

Genya stared at him.

"Gen...ya..." Tanjiro managed out, before he was startled by a yell, looking and seeing Karaku, who was headless.

"I can regenerate!" The demon exclaimed, holding his head.

'The attack worked!' The burgundy haired male thought.

"Calm down! You're pathetic! It takes time, but we can regenerate!" Sekido exclaimed.

'I don't know what's going on with Genya, but I've figured something out because he slashed one of them! And Sukuna, the other! Looks like even if we behead all four at the same time, we can't finish them offAttacking these four Emotion Demons is pretty much pointless!' His eyes then widen and ran, "Nezuko!"

"Nezuko!" He raised the blade and sliced the wooden beams, that had his sister under, who struggled.

Nezuko got out and ran to him, hugging him with tears threatening to spill.

"Nezuko!" He said, returning the hug, 'Something's been bothering me all this time. Is it possible that their heads aren't their vital spots? Something felt so off. That scent that I caught for just an instant...Right. That was...the scent of a fifth demon! There's a fifth demon! I have to find it! The fifth demon's head's got to be...' He let go of the girl as he looked around, before his eyes widen when he was grabbed by the neck.

"Don't get so full of yourself! I'm the one who's going to defeat...an Upper Rank!" Genya exclaimed.

"Genya..."

"You didn't defeat Upper Six on your own! That's why you haven't become a Hashira!"

"Uh, yeah, that's right!"

"You can bet...that I'm going to...beat you to it!"

"Genya! You're drooling, okay? What's wrong? Not to mention, you're choking me!"

The said male's grip tightened, "I'm the one who's going to become a Hashira!"

The burgundy haired male smiled, "I see! I get it, sure! Nezuko and I will give you our full support! Let's give it our all, all three of us!" He frowned slightly, "I would say four...but (Y/n)-chan...But Sukuna can help!"

Sukuna landed beside them, "I'll help, not because I want to, but because of the brat."

He smiled, "Great! Thanks Sukuna!"

"Huh?" Genya and the demon were confused.

"I'm sure there's a fifth demon somewhere! I'll look for it, so I want you to buy me some time!"

The black with yellow tips haired male let go of his neck, "I know what you're up to! You're just making me let my guard down, and—" He cut himself off as an aura appeared around Tanjiro, "Huh?"

His eyes widen as he heard the staff of Sekido, "Look out!" He exclaimed, pushing Genya as electricity appeared between the two, 'The Anger Demon's revived already! Hurry!' He then looked at the male, "Genya! I'll let you know as soon as I've found the fifth demon, so keep these demons at bay!"

"They've all regenerated, dammit!" He said, looking at the three demons, then taking out his gun.

"Whatever you do, just don't slash Nezuko! Because she's my little sister!"

Nezuko ran up beside him, and waved at him with dotted eyes.

"Uh..." Genya said, staring, not knowing what to say.