Chapter 10

-3rd POV-

'I can still hear that creepy sound. Just be safe and sound, Tanjiro, (Y/n)-chan!' Zenitsu thought as he ran with Shoichi.

"Um, Zenitsu, is it just me, or are we just going around and around in circles?" The boy said.

"I knew it! I was getting the same feeling! That's my boy, Shoichi! I knew I could count on you! All right, could you check to see if this room is safe?" The blond said.

It was silent for a few minutes.

"What the heck? All right, all right, just stop giving me that look! Fine, I'll do it myself!" He said, before opening the door a bit, "There's nobody around. Let's go this way!" He then walked in with the boy, "(Y/n)-chan, Tanjiro, please be okay."

The sound of the tsuzumi was heard and then the room flipped.

"Th-The room...just flipped!" He said, before the two started falling down, each door opening, before the last door opened which lead to outside.

-----

The demon hit the tsuzumis again, making the room flip back to normal, before making it flip more.

Tanjiro fell on to his back, before running, 'I can do it! I know I can do it!' He thought as he fell forward, 'I'm a guy who gets things done!' He winced slightly, feeling something break, 'Broken bones or not...No matter what...I can do it! I can fight!' He landed with his blade out, before the room flipped again, then slashes came at him, 'Show him how unstoppable you are! Broken bones or not!'

The room flipped multiple more times, making the male stumble around, before grabbing ahold of the hanging light.

'It's no good! Nothing's changed at all! Spirit alone isn't gonna get me anywhere! Your head...Use your head, not just spirit!' He thought, before the tsuzumi was heard, making claw marks head his way, 'Think! Think! Think!' He then let go and (Y/n) caught him, since the whole time she was floating.

"Tanji-chan, that was pretty reckless, ya know?" The white haired girl said, smiling at him.

The burgundy haired male smiled at the girl, "Yeah, but I knew you would catch me though."

"Of course! Can't let you get anymore hurt than you already are!"

"Damn! This is so annoying! I gotta consume some marechi! There's no time to lose!" The demon said, before hitting the drum again, making the room flip how it was.

Tanjiro looked at them, "Hey you! What's your name?"

They hesitated for a second before responding, "Kyogai."

"Kyogai! I'm not handing over Kiyoshi...the marechi to you! I'm not gonna cave! I'm not giving up!"

"Just give it up, will you?"

"I'm going to get my hands on some marechi and reclaim my place among the Twelve Kizuki!" They said, glaring at them with his eyes, showing the crossed out mark. They then started to repeatedly hit the tsuzumis at a fast pace, making the room flip and release attacks.

"Just give it up, will you?"

-Small Flashback-

"It's so boring! Your writing is just so boring." The male said, dropping the papers, "Every last word is utter trash! No beauty, no fragility, no impact. Why don't you forget about writing? It's just a waste of paper and fountain pens! You never even step outside anymore these days. So no wonder you're so boring! You should just enjoy your hobby, playing the tsuzumi as long as you're shut in here. Not that you have the skills to teach that, either!" He then stepped on the papers, making the other male's eyes widen.