Chapter 31

-3rd POV-

"You're sure it's this way?" Muichiro questioned, running with Kotetsu on his shoulder.

"Yes! We're almost there!" He exclaimed, letting his arms flail in front of him.

"There he is." He muttered, seeing a demon clawing a tree.

"Mr. Kanamori!" Kotetsu called out, seeing the said male up on the tree with a blade in hand.

The Hashira dropped the kid, making him let out a yell, as he ran towards the demon and slashing it, making it go down.

"Oh! He slashed it in the blink of an eye!" Kanamori said, before getting down from the tree, "Lord Tokito! Thank goodness!"

"Mr. Kanamori!" The kid ran up.

"Young Kotetsu!" He jumped down and ran up, "Thank goodness you're safe! To be honest, I thought you'd be dead by now!"

"Same here, Mr. Kanamori!"

"So, you're Kanamori?" Muichiro questioned, making them look at him.

"Mr. Tokito, this is Mr. Kanamori." Kotetsu said.

"Do you have a sword for me? Give it to me now." He said.

Kanamori crouched down, taking a look at the blade the teen held, "Oh my! Look at this! It's quite badly chipped!"

"That's why I came to the village."

"I see! I see! I do have a sword ready for you, so let me give it to you right away!" He stood up.

"You don't waste time, do you?"

"I'm happy for you! You should be thankful!" Kotetsu said, looking at him.

"Tanjiro asked me to take care of it. Your sword, that is. He also said I should be understanding toward you." The swordsmith said.

"Tanjiro?" Muichiro looked down, "Tanjiro said it, huh?"

"So, I checked up on the first swordsmith who served you—" He was cut off.

Kotetsu tugged his haori, "Mr. Kanamori! Mr. Kanamori! We have to head to Mr. Haganezuka's! If he's under attack by those demons—"

"Oh, that's right! Come on, I'll show you the way to my work shed!" He said, as they headed towards the shed.

-----

"I'm worried about the village! Since you're a Hashira, I want you to take that sword...and go to their aid as soon as possible!" Kanamori said, before seeing the wooden building, "It's that shed over there! Thank goodness! I don't see any fish monsters! I was working in that shed!" He pointed at it, "The sword I'm supposed to give you is inside, too! Please take it and rush to where the chief is!"

"No, I can't." Muichiro simply said.

He put his hand down and looked at him, "Huh? What's that?" He said, before the male tugged his haori, making him stop.

Kotetsu crashed into the Hashira's back, "Ouch! You're so annoying!" He said.

"It's here." Muichiro said, as they looked at the shed, before a vase rolled out from the bushes.