✾𝟰𝟰✾

Kamado Tanjiro, Kocho Y/n, and  Agatsuma Zenitsu were trekking together on the path, heading towards where their birds assigned them to

Kamado Tanjiro, Kocho Y/n, and  Agatsuma Zenitsu were trekking together on the path, heading towards where their birds assigned them to. "I get what you mean when you say you're scared of demons, but you can't stir up trouble for your sparrow," Tanjiro said. 

Y/n was holding on Tanjiro's and Zenitsu's hands. Zenitsu turned his attention to Tanjiro. "Was the sparrow distressed? How can you tell?" Zenitsu asked. "Well, he says that you're always whining about not wanting to go to work, and you're always hitting on girls and that you're always snoring. He had it! That's what he told me!" Tanjiro exclaimed, pointing to the sparrow that was on his palm. Zenitsu covered Y/n's ears midway, he could never let her hear his flaws. Ever! 

Y/n blinked. "Shh! There's a pretty girl over here! I don't want to let her know about my flaws!" Zenitsu yelled. "What's going on?" Y/n asked. Zenitsu placed his hands down and coughed. "Nothing dear," Zenitsu said. Y/n blinked. Tanjiro gritted his teeth. "Apparently, Tanjiro here--" 

"Caw! Start running! Start running!" Tanjiro's bird started shrieking. Y/n, Zenitsu, and Tanjiro stopped and looked up at the air. "Tanjiro, Y/n, Zenitsu! Get going! Three of you are head over to your next destination!" 

"Run, run! Tanjiro! Zenitsu! Y/n!" the crow cawed. Zenitsu looked horrified at the bird, squeezing y/n's hand tightly. Y/n looked at him. Then he let go of Y/n and threw himself back and rolled over the ground. Y/n flinched in surprise. "That crow is talking!" 

The serpentine-colored trees were cheerfully shaggy. Stunning androgynous green plants grew in the forest. Y/n was now not holding anybody's hand as Zenitsu and Y/n were trekking slowly behind Tanjiro. 

"Hey, Tanjiro," Zenitsu said. "On second thought, there's no way I'll make it," Zenitsu frowned. "Even if I tag along, I'm totally useless," Zenitsu said. "Don't say that!" Y/n exclaimed. "You're much more amazing!" Y/n said. Zenitsu started to blush before he got all giddy and smiley. "Really?" Zenitsu asked. "Yes!" Y/n nodded happily. Zenitsu then did a cheery jump. "Woo-hoo! A beautiful lady just called me amazing!" Zenitsu cheered as Y/n laughed. 

Then a big mansion came into their views, Tanjiro's brows raised as he noticed it. Y/n and Zenitsu gasped. They walked and made their way through the bushes and trees, they stood in front of an extensive and superb mansion. 

Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Y/n looked up. "I can smell blood," Tanjiro said. "But this particular scent.." Tanjiro trailed off. "You smell something?" Zenitsu asked Tanjiro. "Something I've never smelt before," Tanjiro said. Y/n gulped. Was it her or was it another person? She hoped that it wasn't both. 

"I don't know about that, but do you hear the sound?" Zenitsu asked as he placed a hand on his ear. He could hear the drums as Y/n felt the vibrations from the drum. "Also, are we gonna work together after all?" Zenitsu asked. "Sound?" Tanjiro asked. 

Y/n then turned her attention to the trees and spotted two children that were holding on to each other tightly. "Look!" Y/n said, the two men looked at where Y/n is staring. One boy with lustrous black hair and mild brown eyes, was holding on to a girl with pigtails, decorated with huge pink beads with the same mild brown eyes. 

The kids looked at them with nervousness

The kids looked at them with nervousness. "K-Kids..." Zenitsu stuttered. Y/n's eyes softened. "I wonder what's wrong," Tanjiro frowned. "Hey, kids, what are you doing out here?" Y/n asked as she strode towards them both. The both of them moved a bit back, looking in terror at her. They seemed really spooked, Y/n thought. 

"Oh, hey, wanna see something cool?" Y/n asked. They both looked at her. Y/n held her palm out as Akiro was seen, standing on her palms. "Ta-da!" Y/n smiled. "It's a tame Shima Enaga!" Y/n exclaimed with bright eyes. Zenitsu gave a small smile as Tanjiro blushed. Akiro jumped and chirped happily. "See? Isn't he cute?" Y/n asked. 

The siblings relaxed, but then their eyes gathered up tears, dropping on to the floor on their knees with a thud. "Please tell me," Y/n said with deep-set e/c eyes. "Did something happen? Is this your house?" Y/n asked. The boy that held the girl shook his head. "No. No, it's not," he said as the girl whimpered. "This... this is... A-A monster's... house!" the boy said vaguely. 

Y/n  hummed before she got up from kneeling and placed a strand of hair behind her ear. "Our big brother got taken away, while we were walking down the road late at night, this monster showed up out of nowhere. It didn't even look at us, just our brother."

"And they went inside the house, right?" Tanjiro asked, he had decided to come over to them, to help Y/n. "Yeah," the boy nodded. "And you two followed them here?" Tanjiro asked again. Y/n listened carefully. "You did well!" Tanjiro broke into a smile while Y/n did a soft smile. "Great job," Y/n nodded, but the two cried, as tears escaped from their eyes and fell. 

"We followed the traces of his blood. Because he got hurt!" the boy exclaimed frantically. Tanjiro furrowed his brows as his face turned serious. Y/n furrowed her brows, before looking up at them. "Don't worry. We're going to get your brother back!" Y/n exclaimed, trying to turn the worrying aura into a lighter aura. The girl looked at her. "Really? You will?" she asked in a hopeful tone. 

"Yeah! For sure!" Tanjiro got up from his kneeling pose and the couple smiled brightly at the children. 

[ notes ] :

- i'm in my new house right now! enjoy this chapter, tell me what you think about this chapter/book. i love you all so much, thank you for supporting me! <3

 i love you all so much, thank you for supporting me! <3