001

"The Peasant Woman"

  Xu Cao holds a long bamboo pole, stares wide-eyed, and looks up at the leafy jujube tree. On the jujube tree are many verdant jujubes. Jujubes are a bit small, and they have to wait a month or two before they mature.

  Thinking of eating that sweet and delicious jujube in the past one or two months, Xu Cao swallowed her saliva and warned herself to hold back and must hold back. The jujubes are still too astringent and won't fall down.

  Rubbing hee sore neck, Xu Cao heard the sound of a child crying from the thatched hut next to the jujube tree. She panicked, threw away the long bamboo pole in her hand, and rushed to a small white dog standing at her feet: "Xiao Bai, you are watching closely here, don't let people knock the date off. "

  The little dog is not big, it's only as high as the girl's knees, and it's thin, with only skin and bones left. He was very excited when he heard the girl's voice, wagging its tail vigorously, and barking at the girl.

  The little girl named Xu Cao hurriedly ran towards the hut. The little white dog stood still staring at the little girl's figure until the little girl entered the hut, and then the little white dog lay down lazily. Under the jujube tree.

  Xu Cao entered the thatched cottage, and there stood two little girls about seven or eight years old. Seeing Xu Cao, the two little girls hurriedly shouted, "Sister, can we eat the dates? We are so hungry, and the fourth brother is also hungry. "

At the corner of the thatched house is a big kang. On the kang sits a two or three-year-old boy. The little boy was crying. He saw Xu Cao, wiped his tears, and whimpered, "Big Sister, Xiaoshan is hungry."

  The child who was only two and a half years old was still a little unclear, and looked at Xu Cao while wiping his tears.

  Xu Cao looked at his younger brother and sister, thought for a while, picked up the fishing net next to them, and said to the two little girls: "I'll go catch fish by the river and see if I can catch them. You two are at home looking at the hill."

  The two little girls nodded hurriedly.

  It's only August now, when it is hot, the red sun is scorching outside, and the scorching sun above the head is roasting all things on the earth.

  Xu Cao wiped the sweat from her forehead and resignedly walked towards the river bank. She is thirteen and a half years old this year and was born in Zhanghe Village. She is the eldest child of the Xu family. There are two younger sisters, one younger brother, the second younger sister is nine years old, the third younger sister is seven years old, and the younger brother Xiaoshan is only two and a half years old.

  She was also surprised when she came here, she didn't know what was going on. Her real name is Xu Bao and she was born in the Republic of China. She has a very happy family. One time she accidentally fell off the stairs when class was over. She woke up and came to this place. She also became a woman named Xu Cao. One year old girl.

  Yes, when she came, this body was only one year old, and now she has been in this place where birds don't lay eggs for twelve and a half years! She is a doctoral student at the National Agricultural University, so she would cross if she wanted to cross, then she can make this poor family rich by her own ability. Who knows, things backfired. She was only one year old at the time, and finally grew up to five years old. Then she told her old mother how farming could double the yield of food in the fields, and her old mother thought she was a ghost and talked nonsense. Beat her half to death.

  In the future, every time she said it, her old lady would beat at once. She also thought about serving the fields by herself, but as long as the old lady found out, she couldn't run away after being beaten.