025

Chapter 25

  It’s just noon now. The people who work on the hills are the village men. Cutting down trees and digging roots is an individual task. Most of them bring dry food to eat at midday. Now they are sitting on the top of the mountain bag and eating dry food. .

  Fugui wiped the sweat from his forehead, and when he looked up, he saw his wife holding something  for him, and hurriedly threw the axe in his hand aside, and walked over to meet Xu Cao.

  The two of them found a place and sat down. Xu Cao passed the pancakes she was holding to Fugui, and said with a smile: "The pancakes that have just come out of the pan, if you are hungry, I will bring them to you. Eat quickly. . "

  " you did not eat with Miao Miao? "

  "eaten, do not worry, eat fast. "

  Fugui took this  big chunks of cake, three to two a pancake on the next big belly, He took another sip of cold boiled water in Xu Cao's hand, and then started eating pancakes. After eating three slices in a row, the speed slowed down. He worked hard. In this morning, he had cut down six trees, and even the roots of the trees had been dug up. The food he ate in the morning was long gone.

  After eating five pancakes, Fu Gui drank the last sip of water in the pot, and then he breathed a sigh of relief.

  Seeing that he was full, Xu Cao took the kettle in her hand and smiled: "You're tired? Don't work so hard if you are tired."

  Fugui grinned, "Not tired, the trees on the side of the mountain don't want the ones in the mountains. Tall and strong, these trees are thin and easy to chop." He said and glanced at the eldest cousin and second cousin over there, and said nothing. Xu Cao spoke with him again, got up and left.

  In the evening, all the men digging up trees gathered in the courtyard of the Yang family to collect their wages. Fugui and Xu Cao decided to pay once a day.

  Xu Cao was busy pouring water for everyone, even though she didn’t care about the food, she still had to drool after work, right?

  Everyone was paid 30 cents, and everyone gave it. The uncle Chen Sheng and the third uncle Chen Mao also received 30 cents. Although they did not do as much as the young people, they were not lazy. The big guy didn't rush to leave after taking his wages. He stood in the yard talking and laughing, drinking water, so he could have a rest.

  Now only the eldest cousin Chen Jinkui and the second cousin Chen Jinwu have not paid their wages. The two were anxious, and shouted: "Cousin, the wages of the two of us? Could it be that you want to fall back on the bill?" 

       Xu Cao didn't say a word, and stood at the back to let Fugui handle the matter.

  Fu Gui glanced at both of them and then at Mother Chen who was standing at the door of the kitchen. Then he took ten cents from his arms, and one person handed five cents.

  The two of them flushed flush, did not accept the money, gritted their teeth and said: "Cousin, what do you mean? We worked for you for a day, but you only gave us five cents to send us?"

   " Why do I only give you five cents, don’t you know? I have to tell  in front of everyone, don’t you?"

     Fugui is fearless, glaring at the two of them, seeing that they are still unconvinced, and then Said: "Big cousin, second cousin, you are my relatives. If it weren't for my mother, I wouldn't use you. I asked you to come to work, not to be ancestors! You are good, you cut one in a day, one person cut one tree?  even the eldest uncle and the third uncle each cut down six trees. Aren't you embarrassed?"