014

Chapter 14

  Farmers, after harvesting the grain in the field, there is basically no farm work to do. The Yang’s corn is almost dried after being dried for a few days. It’s all put into sack and put away. When it’s time to eat, it’s just to be ground into flour.

  The Yang family has 4 acres of dry land and 4 acres of paddy land, which is a total of 8 acres of land. they just harvested rice a month ago, and now they have harvested corn. After paying the tax, it is barely enough to eat.

  In the past few days, the Yang family borrowed cattle and turned over the soil. This is the north, and the winter is too cold to grow anything. After the autumn harvest, the farmers are basically idle. Xu Cao has also been very leisurely these few days, coaxing Miaomiao every day, washing clothes, and just cooking every few days. It is much more leisurely than when she used to be in Xu's house. And as for the Shen , they said that when they were fine, they would chat in the yard and do needlework. The cloth she bought last time was measured by each family, cut the cloth, and distributed it to each family.

  When the cloth was given to the Niu , she glanced and said nothing, but the third brother Yang Datong took it and thanked Xu Cao.

  At this time, it was only four quarters of an hour after Shen Shi, and  Chen  had gone out. Several men from the Yang family went to the town to find work to do, and during this time they could do odd jobs and earn some household money. Niu and Xiao'an were not there either, only Xu Cao and Shen were at home.

  The two of them were sitting in the courtyard doing needlework. Xu Cao's previous life was at most because he had lost the button and was only capable of sewing a button. She is only fourteen years old now, but she does very good needlework. She thinks she does very well, with fine stitches, which is already very good for her.

  "Sister-in-law, the Chinese New Year is going to be in more than two months. In a few days, I also want to go to town to find some scattered pieces of work to do. Sewing, repairing and washing clothes will be done. Anyway, I will earn some household money, otherwise  After a year, I'm going to be busy again. Why don't we go find it together?" Shen said, but her effort was not delayed.

  "When Fugui comes back, I will ask him for his opinion and plan." Xu Cao said, looking up at the sky, dark, fearful that it might be raining, and a little worried about Fugui.

  Shen followed for a day and said with a smile: "It's raining soon, but your worried about the big brother? Fortunately, our corn is harvested quickly. Now it has been dried, otherwise some will be busy."

  "No," Xu Cao was a little worried about her natal family, which also has a few acres of land. They just broke all the corn yesterday, and is about to dry it today. If it doesn't work, she has to go back and see, otherwise it will be too late when the rain falls. Thinking about this, she hurriedly said to the Shen : "Second sister, I'll go out. If fugui ask, say I'll go back."

  "Yes, the corn at home has not been confiscated? Anyway, our family is also okay, for you go back and have a look. "Shen's  is very reasonable.

  Xu Cao packed up her things and went to the house, and hurriedly ran towards Xu's family

  .

  Sure enough, when she arrived at the door of the house, she saw a large piece of corn drying at the door. Li Shi and Er Ya, San Ya were busy rushing to harvest it. Xu Cao saw it and rushed to help.

  When Li saw Xu Cao, he sighed with relief, "Fortunately, you are here, and it will rain soon after I watched." 

      Soon, the corn was all packed under the rush of four people, and a few people took them again. Carry them all back into the house.