1.

ENIOLA

To say she was drunk would be an understatement. She had had one, three, eight... Well, she'd lost count after the tenth shot.

It was her best friend's birthday. And she could not resist accepting the different shots passed to her. Alcohol is bae.

"You're wasted. You've got to get home somehow." Her ex-course-mate and ex-boyfriend, Kent took the hundredth shot of tequila from her grip and poured it on the bushes.

"Hey, I wasn't done with that!" She protested, falling into his arms as he tried to steady her. The man was too thin to hold her up.

Idiot.

"I'm taking you home. It's a work day tomorrow" He almost rolled his eyes at his last statement as he dragged her into the house by her elbow.

Everybody knew Eniola Gillian, she couldn't work to save her life. Not that she needed to. It was no surprise she threw such a large party for her friend.

She could not even remember the last time she stepped foot in her company.

"No, don't take me home." She shook her head at his offer. She may be drunk but not drunk enough to forget that he was an ex for a reason. "Just call me a cab."

She tried to free herself from his grip and let out a frustrated huff when he did not budge.

"For fuck's sake, Kent. Let me go!"

"Let you go? I'm trying to fucking help you." She shoved him away from her, avoiding his glare and potential outburst when she fell into someone else.

"Enny, you're fucking wasted," Francine grumbled in disbelief, shaking her blonde hair in disapproval.

"Yeah, I got the memo the first time."

"I haven't even been gone for thirty minutes."

She had always kicked against Eniola wild habits and Eniola on the other hand could not help but not give a fuck.

"I was not drinking. I swear-r." The alcohol lacing her voice became more obvious as she tried to deny it.

She could hardly stand on her own without being held up.

"Of course. I'll have a taxi take you home. The rooms here are all in use." Francine eyed her a bit before pulling out her new iPhone; one of her numerous gifts from Eniola. "Let's take her outside."

"No, don't let Kent touch me. Let me go!"

Francine put an arm out in front of Kent. "It's fine. I'll handle it."

He still had to intervene when she needed extra help throwing Eniola in a taxi while the drunk dramatic kept telling. "This is abuse. Driver say something!"

They slammed the door shut and the driver locked it from the front. Eniola forced away the angry tears as she glared at Francine who blew her a kiss and did the telephone sign with her fingers. Betrayal!

She raised a middle finger in response.

"Here have water, it would help." The middle-aged man handed her a bottle of water which she eyed suspiciously before cracking the cap open and gulping greedily.

She eventually calmed down and relaxed to watch the buildings passing by.

His house was farther away from the party than hers but she wanted to be there instead.

After he had left, she realized he put the house in her name but she was unable to claim it until three years ago. She felt it welcomed there more than her own home.