29.

"Tobias!" The eerily familiar voice dragged him back to the conscious world. "Wake the fuck up!" A soft hand nudge him on his face and he tried to shake of the feeling.

Despite the reoccurring dream, he was having an oddly peaceful sleep.

It was quiet for a moment but he could hear light breathing above his face and smell a bit of mint.

It can only be one person...

"Eniola?" He called out sleepily. His voice hoarse and unusually deep from thirst and lack of usage throughout the night.

He risked opening an eye and was relieved she was not one of those persons that would pull the curtains apart the second they were awake. It's still nice and dim, perfect for sleep—

"Go back to sleep, I dare you." She threatened, forcing him to open both eyes.

His sight focused on the beautiful woman leaning over him with a pretty scowl. He had been doing a pretty good job at upsetting her these past few days.

"Hello..." He croaked out, giving her a tired smile. One she did not return.

"Get up." She instructed hastily and proceeded to drag him up when he hesitated.

"Okay, I'm up now. Why are we so violent this morning?" He asked quietly, yawning and trying to comprehend why she was scurrying around the room like a decapacitated chicken.

"I have to find it!" She exclaimed using the dresser as a stool to look behind a rather large painting. It was a phony copy of Van Gogh's Starry Night.

"You'll fall and hurt yourself if you keep jumping on the tables and dressers like Spider-Man." He said but Eniola paid him no mind.

"Get your ass off the bed and help me look for it!" Enny yelled at him and he sighed but got up the bed. He was ready for the morning madness.

"What are we looking for?" He asked as he held an antique vase away from her clumsy feet.

"Varo's voice!" She replied, haphazardly hopping off the desk.

"What?" He questioned as he gently placed the vase back. "You'll be safe here."

"Yo, jefe? Gillian? Answer all ready! Was the fuck really that good?" A voice rung out and Tobias rolled his eyes. He really was not cut up the morning activities. He wanted to crawl back into the bed and cuddle with Eniola. Or at least just sleep.

"That voice?" He asked and she nodded, still trying to catch her breath.

"It's the intercom. It's right behind the lamp on the bedstand." He said tiredly, staring at the look of realization on her face.

"Oh, thanks!" She replied, happily jogging back to the bed to answer the call.

He sat heavily on the small couch by his closet as he tried to suppress another yawn.

Sure he enjoyed her company and waking up to her hovering over his face but the loudness and burst of energy so early in the morning was a bit too much. Moments like that reminded him he was seven years older than she was. He preferred his mornings dark, warm and quiet.

He tiredly watched as she rummaged behind the bedstand and retrieved a gun.

"Ouuu the house came with weapons?" She asked jokingly, waving it at him.

"It's probably from Varo—"

Pow!

Tobias felt his heart rise to his throat as he heard the gun ring out.