6.

Now that they have met each other, the rest of the book will be mainly in Tobias's point of view.

~~~

TOBIAS

He looked at her face like it was a work of art. He never really had an opinion on piercings but they looked really nice on her. They were not really obvious at first glance but they were quite something once you took a good look.

"Did they hurt when you first had them done?" He asked, feeling her lean into his arm that was holding the side of her face. He had noticed she was getting a bit self-conscious as he had been staring at her for a while and he had to break the weird silence.

"They did."

"And you still got them?" He asked, puzzled. He didn't understand why she would go back and experience more pain.

"Yeah, I like them." She repeated and smiled at him.  Her smile was beautiful.

"I could stand tattoos but I still haven't gotten over my fear of needles. Would an ear piercing hurt as much?" He asked almost innocently and Eniola laughed.

"Yeah, I depends on your pain tolerance. If you can handle a tattoo, I don't think anything would be too difficult." She answered and his phone rang just as she finished.

He frowned when he read his caller ID. It was Clara.

"Yes, Clara?"

"S-sir, I wanted to know if you were alright. Bob and the police are worried too. I-I had to stop them from coming into the h-house." She stumbled on her words and Tobias felt a chuckle threaten to escape. Clara was such a mum.

"I'm alright, Clara-"

"Are you sure sir? It's too quiet in there. Did she hurt you sir? Is she holding you hostage?" She suddenly spoke quietly.

The only reply she got was a loud beep. Her boss had hung up.

Eniola watched him with an amused smile.

"You want to go down before she suffers a heartattack?" She asked and he nodded humourously.

Before leaving, he took off the stained shirt, leaving on an inner shirt and his suit pants that he had come with.

"Clara?" He called from the top of the stairs, watching as she quickly rose to her feet as he came down.

"Sir, you are alright-" She immediately caught a glimpse of the bruises around his neck. "What happened up there?!" She exclaimed, rushing towards him but was stopped as he ceased her by the shoulders.

"Spur of the moment." Tobias replied, feeling a bit unnerved by her overreaction.

There were times he had injuries worse than this and she barely batted an eyelid.

"Spur of the moment? Sir-"

"For God's sake, Clara, calm the fuck down." Eniola finally spoke drawing Clara's attention to her.

Clara looked like she wanted to say a word or two, possibly about the inconveniences she had caused for the past few years but bit her tongue and sent her the best version of a polite smile she could offer. "I'm sorry. My apologies." She said through a forced smile as well.

"Hmm."

Tobias cleared his throat to get both their attention. "Clara, this is Eniola. Eniola, Clara. She's my personal assistant." He hurriedly introduced them. He could instantly tell the two women did not like each other. "That is Bob. My driver for the time being."