31.

He barely acknowledged Bob's cry as Alvaro forced the man to his knees.

"Talk." He simply instructed and frowned when the man kept mute. Bob's face morphed back into the blank and impassive look he always wore after the pain passed.

Aww, look who's being brave.

He relaxed into his seat, reveling in the serenity of the office. It was just him, Varo and Bob.

He had hoped the privacy and the restraint he had from scrapping the man's hair off his head would still preserve some respect between them and make his confession flow easier but the idiot was proving to be extremely stubborn.

He watched Varo light a cigarette and walk to the window to blow it out. He was obviously frustrated.

"Come on, Robert. We have been at this for almost an hour. Do you have no dignity left?" He asked quietly and the dumb man remained unhinged.

He kept and unwavering glare on the man who only stared at his bounded wrists in silence that was broken by Alvaro loudly exhaling.

He knew the sluggishness of the entire interrogation was ticking Varo off. Hell, he was slightly ticked off as well.

"I should also let you know that I am not usually this patient." He said again and clicked his tongue when Bob said nothing. "I am being rather lenient with you, Robert. I won't be for long."

Total silence.

"Robert..."

"Just get this over with, Mr Ferna." He finally spoke.

"Aww, thought you lost your voice for a moment." Varo snarled still leaning on the window sill.

"Get what over with? Do you think I want to kill you?" Tobias asked amusingly before slowly getting off his seat. He had enjoyed how the luxurious leather felt on his back.

"Is that not what people like you do?" Bob commented, still looking at his palms.

"People like me?" He slowly approached the driver and tipped his chin up so he could look him in his eyes. "Do you even know who I am?" He asked and Bob muttered a 'no'.

The judgemental prick.

"Do you know what I am capable of?" He asked again and was answered with another 'no'. "Then, Robert, how would you know I kill people?" He queried, letting go off Bob's face and wiping his fingers on the man's shirt.

He looked at the pathetic excuse of a minion for a moment and walked to his desk. The shiny polish on the table appealed to him.

"As tempting as that idea seems, there are more important things at hand." He opened a file that Franco had given to him.

It contained very little information of Robert's background.

"Why did you only start existing three years ago?" He asked thoughtfully.

The only information Franco could obtain was him joining the police in 2009 and quitting for no meaningful reason the following year. There were zero records of his education, family or past incidents.

"I do not understand."

"I call bullshit." Varo muttered from his spot, burning holes with his eyes into the man's head.

"Don't act stupid, Robert. My patience is wearing thin." Tobias warned again.

He watched Alvaro stalk behind the man with his cigarette between his lips.

Robert sighed heavily and cleared his throat, muttering something under his breath but was immediately cut off by Alvaro who elbowed him in the neck.

"Sorry, we couldn't hear you." Varo grinned at the man gasping and writhing in pain. "Fucking pussy."