46.

It may not have been noticeable but behind his signature impassive expression he had the harshest snarl on his lips and if he wasn't sure before, he was now—

Old people disgusted him.

Especially the one standing across from him.

"For God's sake, Don Nero, let him speak." Doña Lombardi spoke up, cutting the man off mid-sentence.

The speaker shot the elderly woman a threatening glare in an attempt to intimidate her but she merely rolled her eyes. Just like Tobias, she was used to it.

"Sit down, Lisandro. We are tired of your rambling." Another equally ancient person said, finally forcing the man to sit down.

They turned their attention to Tobias who had his arms folded across his chest as he watched the scene.

He stared back at them.

How could they call for a meeting to hear his report and then spend the past hour arguing?

"Have you no shame?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the single man he had a peculiar disdain for. "Your son caused all of this yet you consider it fair to lead the meeting."

Nero frowned at him, "You are not particularly known for thinking things through."

Tobias muffled a chuckle with his fist as he thought over all that had happened. He had forgotten that Nero was a devout worshiper of his father. He almost could not wait for him to join his master.

The man had his first son try to kill him and now, his second son was on the run for killing a former active member of the organization. Yet, he was the one known for not thinking things through.

"If your sons thought things through, one of them would still be alive and the other would not be in exile." He said calmly, watching as the man's face fell. Good.

"How dare you?" Nero seethed and Tobias rolled his eyes. No wonder Doña Lombardi could not take him seriously.

"No, how dare you?" He retorted, "Your heirs have stabbed the family in the back twice and yet you believe you are in the best position to pry into my matters."

"Your matters have caused the death of a member, Don Ferna."

"Yes, the death of the same member that was caused by his son." He watched as Luis's father, Don Obero frowned. They all wore the same questioning expressions.

He was about to have the longest day.

"We want you to tell us how that happened." The only person he could tolerate, Doña Lombardi said softly.

Tobias leaned into his seat with a loud exhale. He wondered what Eniola was doing at that moment. Something much better than this, that's for sure.

He had to leave her as soon as they had landed but thankfully, Jacinto, Alvaro's brother, was there to receive them and volunteered to show her around.

"If you would keep his mouth sealed while I talk then maybe I would." He negotiated, watching as everyone including Lisandro Nero nodded, albeit reluctantly.

He selected his words cautiously, careful to not over-share or raise more questions. He had a lot to keep to himself. Especially matters concerning Alvaro, Eniola, and Lucado. Fortunately, the council was mature enough to listen to him.

"Do you completely believe that the Sicilians are done with all this?" Doña Lombardi asked as he quickly drank a bottle of water.

He had talked for too long.