39.

Tobias toyed around with the apple and put it back. He had no appetite to eat it. He was too nervous to do so.

Yes, Eniola had distracted him for long enough but he still had to talk to Luca about his decision. He did have a lot of fun though.

She was a tease and he loved a good tease.

He touched his neck gingerly. Was he really a sub? But he could be dominant in some aspects too.

He twirled lazily on his office seat.

In a fruitless effort to procrastinate, the man had taken it upon himself to clean his bloody blade that he had forgotten in the basement sink and still wrinkled his nose when he caught a whiff of hydrogen peroxide.

As effective as it was for cleaning, it did have a revolting stench.

What if Eniola caught the smell on him? She'd want to know everything and he had stupidly forgotten to tell her about Giovanni.

There goes being honest.

Speaking of Giovanni, Tobias had asked Alvaro to contact Gustavo and was yet to get back to him. How would he react to the news that he had tortured his half-brother?

Probably not well.

Tobias would not blame him and if he was half the sensible man that Chun Wang claimed he was, he would understand that certain things had to be done.

He pushed himself off his seat, hid his blade under a stack of files and left his office. He fought back the urge to return to his room and be with Eniola as he made his way to Luca and Ole's room.

The hallway and the elevator were dead quiet and his soft slippers padded the marble tiles. Even the loud sound from the television that always seemed to be locked on the sports entertainment channel was muted.

It spooked him in a way.

He inhaled deeply and knocked on the door.

Hopefully, he could talk to Luca without waking up Olegario.

The door opened and an unexpected face greeted him.

"Mr Ferna..."

"Foster." The detective pushed the door open so he could enter.

His eyes flew to Olegario's empty bed and to Luca who had sat up hurriedly when he saw him. For a brief moment he wondered what the boy and Foster were up to. He wouldn't.

"Evening, Jefe." Luca greeted quietly as he tried to stand from the bed. Tobias raised a hand to him, asking him to stop.

"Don't stress yourself." He turned to the blonde woman who looked extremely comfortable being with them.

He tilted his head at her.

As usual, she had to show attitude before obeying. She was extremely lucky that Eniola wanted her to stay.

Ensuring the door was locked behind him, he turned his attention back to Luca, who sat awkwardly in the bed.

Olegario was not in the room.

"How's your shoulder?" Tobias asked, making the boy look at it.

"It's fine. Thank you." He answered and Tobias just nodded.

He considered asking Lucado what he and the woman were discussing but decided against it. The boy would not dig himself a bigger grave in any way.

"I want you to go to Cadiz."

The boy's eyes that had been looking at his cast with keen interest flew to Tobias who just leaned on the wall.

"W-why?" He pitied Luca's scared eyes but sucked in a breath. It had to be done.