The King's Wife.

Tobias watched her as she signed the certificate, her hand almost shakily sweeping her hair from her face.

She didn't need to hide the fact that she was nervous. He already knew.

He had heard the slight break in her voice when she repeated the vows after the registrar. She had wanted it quick and simple and he had agreed.

Alvaro and Clara on the other hand...

The shutter from a camera was heard and he heard a light giggle from the senator's wife as she focused the lens on them.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. You both look so well!" she said as she took another picture while he just laughed. Eniola however only smiled before dropping the pen.

"Alright," the registrar chipped in. "Now, for the bride's witness?"

Clara did a shy wave and stepped forward, quickly scribbling on the certificate.

"All done!"

The official turned the document towards himself for a second before nodding.

"Don Ferna, Donña Ferns, congratulations!"

Alvaro immediately clapped and Clara hugged the two newlyweds.

"Finally!" she exclaimed. "I am so happy for you both. I wish you nothing but a happy life together!"

Eniola hugged her back while Tobias slipped away. "Thank you, Clara. For making it."

~~~

She had been unable to take her eyes off the replaced ring as they drove back to the estate, silently staring and occasionally nodding whenever Tobias spoke and he was beginning to get concerned.

Tobias took her hand in his, his eyes on the road as he brought her fingers to his lips. "Mi vida, what's on your mind?"

Eniola bit her lip, tainting her reapplied lipgloss.

"It's nothing important."

He spared her a glance with a raised brow, letting go of her hand.

"Fine..." she drawled. "I'm just nervous, okay? Like, what if we rushed into this?"

Tobias laughed a full hearty laugh that almost made him tear up. She could be adorably unbelievable at times.

"Darling, we've been together for quite some time— our tenth year anniversary comes up in November and you're worrying if we were hasty?" he asked, slowing down as he got to a stop. "I'm more concerned with getting you a better anniversary gift than last year."

She looked at the ring again.

It was similar to the engagement in terms of design but instead of silver, it was gold plated. She had found it off since silver was the family's symbols but Tobias was notorious for breaking traditions when it came to her.

"This is the best gift," she said, pleased that she could get a smile out of him. "And you've got to stop buying me more jewelry."

"Impossible. I love how you look in diamonds."

"It's too expensive."

"We can afford it, my love," he countered and she huffed.

"Well, I'm beginning to run out of space."

"We'll get a bigger dresser by your side of the bed."

"It won't be enough."

"We'll clear out a spare room if necessary."

"There's no spare room. The last two are Mimi's playroom and the mini library-music room," Eniola said.

"There's Luca's room," he pointed out and she gasped, hitting his shoulder.