'Gentle' Parenting.

The interview in this chapter DOES NOT affect the story. I only included it to answer some of your questions. Enjoy!💃🏽

~~~

"Yes, I was thinking of enrolling for my master's program in languages this summer. Dave says it's not important but I'm still considering it. I should have a lot of time after I retire," Luca said as he had some cereal.

"I thought you two wanted a child," Eniola asked as she leaned over to check the potatoes in the oven. "Are you sure you'd be able to manage school and a baby?"

Lucado shrugged. "Nothing's written in stone yet. We're just trying to have somewhat of a stable relationship, you know?"

"And you think a baby would stabilize your relationship?" Tobias chipped in as he walked into the kitchen with a basket. "Darling, I need the mittens. They're disgusting."

Eniola rolled her eyes but threw the dirty gloves along with some kitchen napkins in the basket and wore clean ones.

"Thank you, baby."

He casually kissed her lips. "Ever welcome."

"It's not that, Uncle," Luca explained, already used to them. "He thinks I'm all over the place and not ready to settle down."

Tobias sent him a flat look as Alejandro stumbled into the kitchen, balancing on rollerblades with his eyes glued to his phone.

"You are all over the place. Your work keeps you busy— Yin, take this to the washer? Your brother is handling the machine and I don't trust him with it."

The ten-year-old stared at him for a full second before looking at the basket.

He removed an airpod. "Why do I have to do it?"

Eniola's eyes immediately narrowed at him and whether or not he tried to hide it, he flinched. "Come again?"

He chose his words carefully this time.

"I did laundry last time. It's Casi's—" he held her gaze before rolling his eyes. "Fine. Give me a second to take my shoes off."

He took his time, tossing the skates into the basket with the dirty laundry before carrying it with ease and leaving.

He was already a lot taller than his brother and acted like a spawn of Satan sometimes and they didn't know what to do with him. It also didn't help that he was smart as hell and had a penchant for constant manipulation.

Eniola kissed her teeth. "I'm going to whoop him one of these days."

Luca chuckled at that but Tobias did not find it funny. He never did.

"At least you know how you were when you were younger," Tobias said as he sat across from Luca and picked up the cereal box.

"And I apologize to my dad every time I go to visit," she groaned.

It got a smile out of Tobias as he read the contents written on the box. "So which are you doing first? Your master's or the child?"

Luca sighed.

"The session opens in September. I'm thinking it's too close. Family planning especially for people like me and Dave is a bit more complicated too."

Eniola understood that.

"How exactly do you plan on doing it? Surrogacy or adoption?"

"Surrogacy has been a recurring topic," he said, tapping his chin. "But the question is whose you know what it's going to be. Dave wants it to be his and I'm not sure how to feel about that... But it's not like I'm against it!"