27.

He looked back at his reflection in irritation. His hair was now obnoxiously long as it had been almost a three weeks since he had a good haircut and a box of dye.

Enny had said long hair suited Varo and Luis. He still thought the hair would be a lot of work. His hair got frizzy and had a small peeve of sticking to his forehead and getting into his eyes when he was a lot younger.

Maybe he would give the hair a chance. It may have changed with time. He would be grateful if it could magically grow out the curls and just be wavy- like Varo's and well, most of the men's.

"Are you alright, Don Ferna?" Olegario interrupted his trail of thoughts.

He looked at the long haired man who was preoccupied with shelving some books on psychology. He had incredibly long and wavy hair that Tobias was sure he had never cut since he was born.

Olegario was probably the only member of the family that took his career outside the El Tigre Herido seriously.

"I am. And skip the formalities, Ole." He replied firmly and Olegario rolled his dark eyes behind the thick rimmed glasses and returned to sorting his books by the title on their spines. The Mind; A Powerful Place. Tobias had read that book a few years ago. It was a good read. If there was one thing he enjoyed doing, it was reading self-help books with zero intention of helping himself.

Tobias strolled around the almost empty room save for two double beds at the opposite ends, a plain desk that had a couple of random items on it, a few open suitcases, and the poor shelf the doctor was presently overloading. He liked the warm tone of the room and the decision that Luca and Ole had made not to change a thing. The original cream-colored curtains complemented the light maroon bed sheets and peach walls. The overlooking windows stretched their panes from the ceiling to the bottom giving a good view of the meadow and beautiful sky behind the mansion with its green scenery that added a luscious hue to the already exposed room.

Tobias was envious. The doctor and Luca probably had the best room and view.

"Alright, Tobias, you have been here for almost fifteen minutes. Surely you must be done with your inspection and I apologize if you were unable to find drugs as they would be in Diego's chambers." Ole joked relaxing into a seat behind his desk. He merely thought of it as anything as he sat in front of the man. Other members of the family would have offered him a seat first or sat down after him but Ole was different.

Yes, Tobias was younger than most of the men, they still treated him like an elder and there was Olegario— the man had a good eight years on him and made sure he knew it. And they were also good friends. They just didn't talk much.

"Well, I did not come for an inspection. I came to see how you were doing and settling in." He answered and Ole's brows rose in mock surprise. A shiny purple trinket on the desk caught his attention. The stone was a bit rough around its edges and it was small enough to fit into the palm of his hand.

"That's an Amethyst crystal. It's known for its anxiety alleviating powers and its ability to relieve the mind from stress and other negative emotions." Olegario's voice was merely above a whisper as Tobias studied the crystal in his grasp. Yeah, stress reliever my ass. "Now, what is your real reason for coming to see me?"

Tobias sighed, dropped the purple stone back on the desk and reached out for a random pencil.

"Why do you find it difficult to believe that I came to check on you?" He asked mildly, a small smile ghosting his lips as he carelessly twirled the pencil between his fingers. The action reminded him of his knives. He would need to pick them up from the living room later.