4.

TOBIAS

"Sir could you at least help me with the luggage? At this pace, I'll be out of the airport by next week!" Clara groaned and huffed as she struggled with his suitcase and one of hers.

She was stressed, and he was too but she felt he would have still tried to help her. She could see that New York was busier than Minnesota just from the number of people present in the airport.

"Sir are you even listening to me?" She called louder, her English accent drawing the attention of a few people near her.

"Of course. Sorry." Tobias merely grumbled then took her far lighter bag from her, leaving her with the two heavy suitcases.

If she didn't like him so much, she wouldn't have minded strangling him at that moment.

~~~

"The car is just around the corner. It's a white Jaguar, the driver had an outstanding rating." She said to him after they had exited the airport and finished all the vigorous protocols.

"I told you I didn't want a fancy car, Clara." He answered and she sighed in defeat.

He did say that, but she wanted to be comfortable and she had never ridden in a Jaguar before. She had heard cars like that were very nice.

They both made their way to the designated driver that stood stiffly outside the vehicle and only moved greet them and collect their luggage.

"Good afternoon, Sir. I'm Bob and I'll be your driver for the rest of your stay here. I hope I impress you with my services?" The middle aged man sounded like he read out of a greeting card and this made Tobias almost roll his eyes.

"This is a really nice car, Bob!" Clara complimented excitedly and got a chuckle from the driver.

Tobias was still lost in his thoughts.

What would he say to her? Hello? Or I'm back?! She would smack him across the face, that was for sure.

Clara and Bob's conversation was ceaseless while he remained quiet the entire trip. It took him only a moment to freshen up and mentally prepare himself to meet her. It also took a little- a lot of force from Clara to push him out of the room when he had panicked and wanted to abort the plan.

"Are you sure you want me there, Sir?" She asked for the tenth time since they had entered the car. She didn't want to feel as though she was intruding in any private matters but Tobias felt it was necessary for her to be there. She could serve as moral support.

He knew that if she didn't go with him he could turn on his heel, run away and never return.

"Yes, Clara." He breathed and exhaled a few million times. He was going to have a full on panic attack. He was clearly overthinking the entire situation.

~~~

"Are you going to come out, sir?" His assistant called. Bob had been holding the door open for him for a few minutes while he had just kept his gaze locked on the interlocking tiles used at the driveway. She hadn't changed them after all the rants about it affecting her OCD.

"Of course." He exhaled for the last time and stepped out of the car.

~~~

ENIOLA

She was a bubbly mess.

She had called her best friend and told her about him coming.

Francine was fortunately able to share her excitement even though she didn't know much about the man her best friend adored so much. The first time she heard about him was when she saw a picture of him in the college dorm room they both shared. She could easily tell he had meant everything to Eniola.

Eniola had also made some food for the first time in a while, knowing how hungry he would be after the flight. She had been staring over the cops that never left her house and at the driveway she was expecting Tobi to pull up at.

She had taken out a few of her piercings and had covered the marks with a bit of makeup, feeling the need to be a little professional. She was wore a pair of jeans and a fitted blue sweater with white flats and combed out the knots in her curly hair.

She wanted to impress him.

Eniola almost yelled with excitement when a white fancy car parked on her lawn but was disappointed when a man in a uniform came out from the car.

"That ain't Tobi." She muttered under her breath.

She slowly went downstairs to see who the man was and to know what he wanted- well if he had not already been questioned by the police.

She reached just in time to see a man with dyed white hair step out of the vehicle.

She could not help breaking into a run immediately his crystal-like eyes met with hers nearly tackling him to the ground as his hands caught her. He smelled the same, like mint and vanilla. She had wondered if he never changed his cologne and now she knew the answer. Tobias always preferred mild scents.

"Tobi." She said quietly as she pulled away to look at the man.

He looked like he had not aged one bit in the past 8 years. The only thing that had changed were the muscles she felt underneath him. His eyes were still as bright and his teeth were as white as they had always been. He looked like an angel. My fucking angel.

"Princess..." For fuck's sake— even his calm deep tone had not changed. "Hello."

She raised a brow at the odd greeting. Hello? The fuck?

"Mr Tobias." A police officer greeted as Eniola let go of him. "It's nice to finally meet you."

Enny wondered how the officer knew him. Maybe he had called the station to tell them he was coming?

Pulling Tobias by his wrist, she casually invited him and the other two people to the house.

"Make yourselves comfortable." She smiled to the man and woman in front of her as she led Tobias up the stairs. "The kitchen is by your left and living room is straight down. I just need to talk to him for a bit."