EPILOGUE

"Uncle, should I flip it?" Alejandro asked for the umpteenth time as he held the spatula right above the patties.

Alvaro spared him a glance, his eyes momentarily sliding away from the potato fries he had soaked in salted water. "Not yet. Let it cook for another thirty seconds. It's Wagyu."

He exhaled impatiently but nodded, discreetly poking at the beef while his brother sipped some Pepsi.

It was cool at the beach.

The sun was out but a chill breeze lowered the temperature, causing the waves to crash into the white sand inches away from their feet.

Casimiro picked up the camera around his neck and brought it to his face, waiting until the tides withdrew and when they tumbled forward again, he clicked on the shutter.

He stared at the picture for a few seconds, feeling a presence behind him.

"Is it good, prince?" Rory asked, peeking over his shoulder. "It's really pretty!"

He shrugged.

It wasn't his favorite but it would have to do.

Hanifa jogged out of the water to see the photograph as well, her wet hair clinging to her face. "Nice. Now take one with me and my surfboard."

"Hey, come take one with me and the grill," Alejandro argued instead. "We've got to show Krrish how much he's missing."

Casimiro laughed. "Sure."

It was one of their regular picnics at the beach but Krrish had gone to Delhi with his mother and Jet was in college.

He took a few more pictures, one with Alvaro trying to balance a saucer on the grill for the fries and another with his mother who drank wine straight from the bottle as she chatted with Clara.

Alejandro finally dipped the patties after a stern warning from Alvaro not to flatten them because they were marinated.

Eniola's phone suddenly rang and she pulled off her shades to see who the caller was.

"Clar, gimme a sec," she excused herself before answering. "Hey, baby. Miss me?"

Casimiro rolled his eyes while his brother snorted.

"You have no idea. Do you know where my ring is, my love? I've been searching for it for a few minutes now and I still can't find it."

She frowned. "Ah, have you checked the second dresser?"

"I have."

"The lower cabinet? You kept it there last time."

There was a bit of rummaging and he kissed his teeth. "It's not there either."

Eniola hissed and stood up from the lounge chair.

"I'll be home in like... ten minutes," she said.

"No no, it's fine. I'll look for it and be with you and everyone very soon."

She laughed mostly to herself. "Baby, you won't be able to find your own shadow when you're stressed."

"I'm not stressed."

"You just came from Valencia and I know for sure you haven't slept in two days. You're stressed as fuck."

One thing that was guaranteed was Tobias being confused and exhausted after being under pressure and overexerting himself.

Tobias sighed. "Alright, darling. Thank you. I'll see you soon."

"See you," Eniola said and hung up. "Uh, I've got to go back home real quick. Tobi's looking for his ring again."