A... Proposal?

Eniola stared at her phone in concern as her bodyguard, Sergie, drove up to the restaurant. He hadn't responded to her text message.

Tobias always responded.

Even with the creepy smiley face emoji or the thumbs up one. He always did but now her last three messages from the past hour were on 'delivered'.

Something was up. She could feel it.

She could also feel the cool steel around her gun before she let her fingers curl at the grip. Just in case someone decides to act funny.

Sergie immediately got down from the car and opened her door, his hand reaching out to her. "Donña."

She tentatively took it.

The door lightly shut behind her.

"Jefe says you can come to him unaccompanied and that you'll be leaving together?" he reconfirmed and Eniola nodded.

Another weird factor was letting her leave anywhere without Sergie or in his absence, two other guards since the man was twice as good but Tobias was acting odd that evening.

"Serg?" she called before she headed towards the door being held open.

"Yes, donña?"

"Stay close."

He stared at her for an extra second before bowing his head. "Definitely."

She sent him a relieved smile before walking into the restaurant. An attendant was quick to meet her.

"Reservation?"

She checked her phone and his last message. "Si, Tobias Ferna."

The blonde woman at the pulpit looked excited.

"Eniola Gillian? I knew it was you. I just wanted to make sure, of course— Right this way, I mean." She led Eniola through the dining, the very few customers staring at her in a not-so-subtle manner.

She couldn't blame them.

The dress Tobias picked for her was glorious.

He had seen her wear red one time ten years ago and decided that it had suited her best and he didn't lie. The soft suede dress that barely got to her knees with its plunging neckline was a choice he had enthusiastically made.

She could easily add an inner bra top and a blazer and it would be perfect for office wear.

That was more of her aesthetic these days.

Her steps slowed as they approached a clearing— an excluded balcony with drapes separating them from the general hall. The space was large, so much so that the round table and pair of chairs sitting across from each other looked lonely. There were warm lights that were dim enough to not overpower the stars above them and the man currently standing by the railing.

"There she is..."

His smile was contagious and she felt her face heat up and her lips stretch.

The drapes fell behind them, closing them off from the eyes of the public and Tobias walked towards her.

"I thought something happened to you," she said, her worries immediately dissipating when he tipped her chin up and kissed her. "Why do I even bother with the lip gloss?"

He pulled away with a pleased glossy smile. "Because you're stubborn?"

Tobias took her hand and escorted her to the table, letting go to pull the chair out so she could sit. Surprisingly, there was already food spread across them and what looked like a chocolate cake with cut strawberries sitting in the middle.