35.

ENIOLA

"What's up?" She tried to soothe the lies on Tobias's forehead. His skin was cold to touch. Maybe they should go back. "You good?"

"It's... It is nothing." He tried to answer smoothly but she caught the tremor in his voice. It was not nothing.

"Come on, you just told me a big secret. What's this one?" Her heart fluttered at the thought of Tobias telling her a big part of him (no matter how dark and scary it was) because he trusted her.

She knew better than to not expect a complete mental meltdown when it all sunk in but for the moment, she was content he could confide in her.

She was surprised when he dipped his head to connect his lips with hers and she could not help the small gasp that escaped her.

It was the first time he was initiating a kiss. The thought made her feel even giddier.

She returned the kiss with just as much passion as he was giving. He was going a bit slower than she liked but she didn't push it.

She gently followed his lead, not wanting to do anything that would make him uncomfortable or worse, pull away.

He made no attempt to deepen the kiss but tightened his grip around her waist as he pulled her closer to him.

She had noticed that he loved body contact.

She felt her panties dampen when the man released a quiet moan. The response she got from lightly tugging at his hair was always worth it. At least he was enjoying it as much as she did.

She let out a disappointed whine when he pulled away, his pink lips glossed in saliva. She pulled him down for a quick peck before finally letting him go.

"What was that for? Not that I'm complaining." She said, eyeing him as he absently licked his lip.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said and she shook her head at him.

"The fuck? I liked it. Don't apologize." She grinned as his cheeks turned a bright pink.

"Okay..." He said, getting up from the bench. "As much as I hate to say it, we should go. It's dreadfully cold now—" She almost awed at the small sneeze he let out.

Too cute!

"Oop, you've caught a cold. We should go." She wrapped her fingers around his cold ones and began to lead him to the house.

Eniola hoped to explain all that transpired between her and Vittore to him before they encountered the Chinese woman someday. She couldn't lose him to an ex who he wanted to get married to.

"Tobias?" She looked up to her pretty boy and her heart melted when she saw the warmth his icy eyes held. "Did I hear Franco mention Anthony?"

The sudden stiffness in his grip confirmed her suspicions.

"Where did they see him?" Tobias tried to wriggle his hands out of her grasp but she stubbornly held on to him. "What is wrong with Anthony?" She asked again and he gave up on the little staring contest they were having and looked away in defeat.

"He is dead." Eniola almost missed what he said as blood rushed to her ears.

"What?" She asked quietly and Tobias nodded, his expression sombre.

"He was killed sometime last week. I only knew about this yesterday." He quickly added the last part.

"Did Berlusconi kill him?" Eniola asked again as she still held on to him. She frowned when he stalled. "Tell me."