Little Crush

The house was quiet and to an extent, it unnerved Eniola. It was a rare occurrence and she missed the chaos.

Badly.

The children were at school and Alvaro had finally convinced Tobias to attend one of his meetings so she was home alone. She would have kept herself busy by looking over some projects and vetting drawings but she was too sick for that.

"Achu!" she loudly sneezed into a tissue, blowing her nose before balling it up and throwing it in the waste bin.

She hated being sick but it seemed like she had caught a bug from visiting the kids at the estate. Being around a lot of children that rolled around in dirt and built mud houses did that to you.

Eniola paused the show on the television and reached for her phone.

She unlocked it and opened her message app, texting the pinned contact at the top of her inbox.

Hey, baby!

His message came a minute later.

My Queen. Do you feel better?🙂

She pressed her hand against the side of her neck. Still warm.

Nope.

Ah... I'll be home in about half an hour. Do you need me to call the hospital?

No. No. Don't leave Varo hanging. I just wanted to ask you to buy me some Sushi oyw home.

I will, darling. Are you sure you'll be fine?

I'll survive. Sergie is here and Clara should be here any moment from now.

Okay, my love. Take care and call me if you need anything?

I will, my King. Love you!

I love you more.🙂❤️

She stared at the phone for a few more seconds, feeling bored out of her mind before resuming the show.

At least it was a good show.

Hannibal had just served a man a piece of his own leg when Eniola heard a knock on the door.

She frowned.

The guards hadn't alerted her of a visitor and definitely not one that had easy access to her bedroom.

"Hey, mom?" It was Yin's voice and she was instantly relieved. "Can I come in? I'm coming in."

He turned the door handle but waited a few moments before pushing it open.

"Yin? Aren't you supposed to be in school?" she asked as he dropped a plastic bag by the door and walked towards the bed.

"I snuck out during lunch."

Eniola only sent him a disapproving look as he fell into the bed, looking at the screen.

"Didn't you already finish this?"

She did. Twice. She was just obsessed with it.

"It has a high rewatch value," she said half-heartedly. "Why did you leave school? Didn't your teachers see you?"

"They did."

They couldn't stop him. The most they could do was inform his parents.

"Yin..." Eniola's voice was firm and he finally looked at her through his curly hair that he had failed to get braided over the weekend. "Why are you home early?"