50.

Two years and six months later...

ENIOLA

Navigating traffic on a hot Friday was annoying especially when she was struggling to reach an agreement with her company's CEO. He was almost as headstrong as she was.

"Listen, Mateo, I am done for the day. Stop calling me." She said, rolling her eyes as she heard him sigh through the speakers.

"For God's sake, Eniola, the meeting would just be an hour long." He said, trying to be reasonable.

"No." Eniola concluded, aggressively honking at the car in front of her.

For some stupid reason, the driver was reversing.

"I swear to God, if you hit my car, I'll fuck you up." She yelled out the window, "And you, Mateo, I'll see you on Monday. I need to rest."

His argument died at her second statement. Thankfully he understood what she meant.

"Fine, Gillian. But I want you at the company first thing on Monday morning." Mateo said and hung up, making her wonder who actually owned the company.

Fortunately, the traffic cleared up and she was well on her way home. A slight nudge made her frown.

Her stomach had been doing that more often.

With a free hand, she rubbed her belly fondly. She missed him.

If Tobias was with her, he would have not let her lift a finger but here she was, running to and fro from the company a day after she returned from Nigeria.

She had not seen him in two months.

He was taking his resignation process quite seriously and had not been able to join her in Africa. She did not want to force him to as she also wanted him to quickly finish his work in America.

The plan was to leave for Spain.

Together. Hehe.

She unfortunately got to another holdup and as she tapped away on the steering, her eyes caught the shiny ring on her finger.

It was a simple band with tiny diamonds running through the middle. Her favorite part was the almost unnoticeable ETH that the subtle change in the color of diamonds spelled out.

It was the ring he promised her.

Cheesy bastard.

But she could not stop smiling.

He had gotten her the ring just a few hours after she had broken the news. She may not have received it in the best state of mind and had half the mind to push it down his throat but five months later, it had become her most precious accessory.

The more extravagant gift he had gotten her was the necklace around her neck. It was like his silver El Tigre Herido tag but as she preferred, hers was in diamonds as well. He had said something to her as he clasped it around her;

'The three most important things in the family— blood, loyalty and diamonds.'

It was like his love language was spoiling her with gifts she could very much afford and in a way, she was the same.

She had given him a portrait of himself that she had drawn and put it in a gold frame and he had tried to do the same.

He may know how to do a lot of things but drawing was not one of them.

She gave him an E for the effort then taunted him into buying the Rolls Royce she was currently driving.

As she stopped at red light, her phone rang.