47.

ENIOLA

"I don't think anyone would go swimming during winter, do you?" Tobias said with a slight pout, "I for one cannot stand cold water. I never liked it."

It did not take long to realize Tobias was sincere when he said he could not handle alcohol.

Why else would he be arguing about water temperature?

His flushed face, unprovoked laughter, and endless babbling were enough evidence. Eniola was sure she had never heard him talk so much so she decided to enjoy it as she watched his expressions from where his head rested on her lap.

"You prefer warm water right?" He asked and she shrugged. "Anyone is fine then? What if you want to swim right now would you boil the pool outside?"

She laughed at his silliness as he took another sip from the cup.

On his ranch, he had what looked like Roman baths instead of actual pools. It made it seem as though it was built in the 17th century.

She could not wait to have a dip in it.

"I don't want this anymore." He complained, swirling the clear liquid in the glass.

It was water.

Eniola had decided to give him water seeing how much the whiskey had affected him but by the look of things, it did not seem like he was getting sober. He was rather trapped in his little inebriated state.

Cute.

"Eniola?" Tobias called gently like he always did and she was met with glassy dazed eyes, "Do you do this with other people?"

"Do you mean drink?" Of course, she did.

She had shared a drink with most of her friends, including Clara, Alvaro, and Vittore. It was her way of bonding with people.

"No, no. I mean..." He closed his eyes for a moment, blindly reaching for her palm and placing it atop his bare torso, "Do you stay like this with other people? Do you spend this much time with them?"

Her brows furrowed in thought as she watched him.

"You have dated before, right? Or was it just for sex?" He had no filter when he was drunk.

She had dated a few men and slept with even more but actually being with them was out of the question.

"Yes to both questions."

Her response seemed to dampen his mood, "Would you also do the same when I leave?"

She raised a brow at him. Surely, he must be drunk. Talking about leaving—

"I thought you weren't going to leave?" His hold on her hand tightened.

"I would when you get tired of me." He replied, making her laugh again.

"I don't see that happening in the nearest future," Eniola said reassuringly, toying with the cool rings on his fingers.

She wanted one of those.

"I do not plan on leaving you so soon as well." She hoped he was going to keep that promise. "Until then, I don't think I would like you to spend time with other people that are not me."

Eniola tilted her head at him, "Where was this energy when I was with Vittore?"

Tobias narrowed his eyes at her, and his heart's pace quickened under her palm.

"As you said, I did not know what I wanted then." He started.

"Do you know what you want now?" She asked, watching as he nodded. "And you think you know now because we fucked?" She jabbed, hiding the seriousness in her tone.