16.

ENIOLA

"Do you want me to give you a real kiss?" She smiled slyly at the man gulping below her. He wore his heart on his sleeve.

"I'm sorry. What?" He managed to stutter after looking back and forth from her large eyes to lips.

"A kiss. Last night, I was a bit drunk... Like a tiny bit drunk. This time, I'm completely sober." She smiled widely, clasping her hands behind his neck.

To say she was excited would be an understatement. She had always wondered what kissing him would be like. Just for experimental purposes.

She was used to ending up in bed with the people she made out with. It was all for fun but she knew she felt different for him that she was leaning over.

She had felt different for him all her life and the idiot— the only person she actually cared about— was too oblivious to notice.

What then was one little experimental kiss?

"Why are you overthinking this?" She giggled at his bright pink ears. "I'm not asking you to get married to me. I just want to know what an actual kiss with you would feel like." She explained and he gently brought his hands to hers and unclasped them.

"I don't think we should be doing that right now, Eniola." He answered quietly and sighed, not exactly looking at her.

"But why?" She frowned at his reluctance before pulling away from him to lean on the table.

She could see him visibly relax as she put distance between the two of them.

"I irritate you that much?" She wished she could see what was going on in his head through his steel barricaded eyes. They were impenetrable.

She wanted to know if she really made him uncomfortable.

"Of course not, Princess." He sighed. "I just... have a lot on my mind."

"Why don't you share them with me?" She asked and Tobias just had to sigh again.

"I can't tell you yet. Maybe after court tomorrow?" He suggested and she shook her head hesitantly.

"Still not enough reason why you won't kiss me." His cheeks reddened again.

"Princess..." He laughed nervously and stood up.

"On the forehead then." She decided and he stalled again before agreeing.

He stood in front of her and leaned in, almost cautiously.

"No funny games." He warned, brushing her curly hair away from her face before dropping a small peck on her forehead.

Just do the same on my fucking mouth!

"Now it's my turn." She said once he pulled away. She knew she was definitely not going to give a forehead kiss.

"Alright."

She gently held the back of his neck and dropped a peck on his... forehead. The man was smart. He had moved his head before she tried to pull another fast one on him.

"I said no funny games, Princess." He smiled wistfully putting his unnaturally white teeth on full display. The man had a certain form of purity to his beauty.

She wondered what made him decide to get tattoos, not that she minded. Apart from that, she didn't see him as any different from an angel that was literally kicked out of heaven simply because he was too hot.

"Yeah, I wasn't going to play 'funny games'." She waved it off, already plotting her next move.

She was going to get him to kiss her. She wanted to know if it would be any different from her past experienced lovers and 'experiments'.