Besties.

The security guard lightly bowed his head as Eniola drove into the yard. He already knew her too well to ask questions.

"Buen dia, Donna."

"Morning, Rico!"

She didn't bother driving into the garage or parking correctly as she stopped behind a familiar McLaren. The Porsche was missing though which meant Clara wasn't home.

Eniola sighed.

"And I brought wine."

She took off her shades before looking around the large space.

Alvaro and Clara's house had interlocking blocks everywhere and was in no way child-friendly. They had some astro-turf when the kids were younger but as soon as Aurora could run without tripping, Alvaro ripped it off.

He preferred a more modern look in his house while Eniola and Tobias lived on an oversized farm.

Oversized in this sense meant a lot of space and involuntary babysitting and holiday hosting services. They didn't mind though.

She let herself into the house taking her heels off and putting on the house slippers. She knew Clara would have her head if she wore shoes in the house.

"Who's home? I skipped breakfast so I'm starving!" she called, heading straight for the kitchen.

"Well, you're lucky. I'm making something," Varo replied as she stepped in.

He stood over the stove with a wooden spoon as he tasted what he was cooking.

"Thank, fuck."

He grinned. "Come help me taste? I think the soup needs salt but I'm not sure."

She quickly took off her leather gloves and washed her hands as he scooped up a bit.

"Hold out your palm." She did and he knocked some of the sauce into her palm, waiting for her to taste.

"Hmm..." It was very sweet. Almost like he added syrup. "I have no clue. But it tastes good though. Is it supposed to be this sweet?"

Alvaro shrugged and turned the stove off, leaving the lid on the pot half open. "I think so... Khai says it doesn't need a lot of salt."

Eniola frowned.

"You're talking to her?" she asked and he raised a brow before taking off his apron.

"She is Hanifa's mother. Why wouldn't I talk to her?" he asked. "Do you want me to serve you some? I'm not hungry right now."

"Yeah, thanks but—" she continued. "Is Clara fine with that?"

He gently took out a ceramic dish. "Fine with...?"

"You talking to Khai," she asked and he laughed.

"She checks in to know about Hani from time to time and we happen to form small conversations then. Clara isn't like you, you know?"

She was offended but took the bowl of soup from him.

"And you're to eat it with bread. I've got some sitting on the dining table. I made them earlier."

She ignored him and went to the table. Varo was right behind her.

"Now what you mean by Clara isn't like me?" she asked as he sat across from her.

He smirked. "Someone's upset..."

"Oh, fuck off. Just tell me."

"Well..." he said, leaning back with a relaxed face. "You're very possessive and you're front and center about it. Weirdly enough, Tobias is too but you know, he's more discreet. Y'all are perfect for each other."