19.

"Didn't think you had it in you, boss." Varo joked as he entered the dining room with two hot bowls of rice.

"This is the second time you've said that, Alvaro." Tobias grumbled, silently grateful for the table concealing his excitement. Varo would tease him to no end if he found out. And well, he didn't want Clara to know either. The woman almost fainted the first time she saw him shirtless and threw a notepad at him like it would do any good.

"The third time actually." Clara added as she picked up the broken shards of ceramic from the floor. "At least it's not one of the finer ones."

Did we do that?

"I mean, it was like something out of a fucking porno, jefe. I've never been so proud." Alvaro said, wiping an invisible tear after he dropped both dishes on the table. "Come eat, tigress."

"You've also said that and you said it when she was still here." Tobias added, the embarrassment quickly getting to him. Why won't this idiot just let it go?

"Be quiet, Mr Montez. You're embarrassing him." Clara pleaded almost mockingly as she returned to the dining, her eyes almost as playful as Varo's.

"Are you teasing me, Clara?" He gawked in shock at his assistant. What happened to her? Varo was obviously a bad influence.

"I'm not teasing you, sir. I am just as surprised as Varo is. You were never the..." She trailed off frowning at Alvaro who practically inhaled the food.

"The what?" He asked, drawing her attention away from the gluttonous man.

"The... kind of person that really expresses his emotions I guess." She said nervously, trying to hide behind her food.

"Isn't that a little too rich for you, Terminator?" Varo butted in but with a mouthful of food, it all came out as a jumbled mess.

"What?" Clara asked, disgusted by his lack of table manners but interrupted him as he was about to open his mouth again. "Just eat."

Varo rolled his eyes but did as she said.

"What I am saying is that you are putting way too much thought into this. So what you kissed and made out and ruined the dining table?" She said softly to her boss who just kept quiet and rubbed his face.

The last thing he needed was someone who had almost zero experience with relationships advising him.

She has been upstairs for a long time. Is she already regretting it?

He knew he acted rashly.

He was not used to doing things without critically evaluating other alternatives. He felt he had let his heart do the thinking and not his mind. He was never like that.

But again he could not say his rashness was completely wrong or that he felt bad about it. He did enjoy every moment they shared. He enjoyed every kiss and every tiny gasp she made. The way she melted into me like she wholly trusted me.

He knew he wanted her fingers to roam and explore his body again.

He needed more of what she had to offer and he planned to take as much as she had to give. But did she want the same thing?

She probably hates me.

"See? You're obviously overthinking the entire thing." Clara stared worriedly at him.

Tobias appreciated how well she knew him. She was one of the few persons who were able to read him and understand exactly how he was feeling. She always looked out for him to the best of her abilities.