28.

Hot showers are a gift from God.

The hot water running down his body did wonders in reducing the tension that was always suffocating him but it could not guide his mind from wandering back to all the things Olegario had said.

Asides from himself, Ole was the most reasonable person he knew. He trusted the man's instincts and did not ever take his words for granted. Was Ole on the right track for linking Sergei with Eisenfaust?

Sure it was a bit far fetched as he could not see a possible connection between the Germans and Berlusconi but he still could not bring himself to completely discard the theory.

It would be extremely easy for Sergei's database to be manipulated but there would have been a loophole or two, obvious or not. Everything just added up. His family; Mila and Adeline had popped up as well. It all made sense.

Why then was he having a gut feeling that something was not right? Why could he feel that something big was brewing underneath the surface?

The possible connection with Eisenfaust was one thing, his mental health was another thing entirely.

He knew his anxiety was getting worse. His hands would shake at the slightest trigger. He felt suffocated when under very little pressure.

"I should have asked Ole for that psychiatrist's number again."

He barely heard his door slam shut someone stumble inside. Eniola.

Tobias' felt his stomach do a little flip at the thought. He had asked for her a while ago and she had really taken her time in getting there.

He knew there was no way in hell he would open up to her that day. He needed to give her time. Hell, he needed the time himself.

He wanted her to get accustomed to the workings of the family before he dropped the bombshell on her. He did not want to be selfish with her lending an ear.

He took a deep breath and exhaled as he wrapped the big fluffy towel around his waist.

He walked into the suite dragging a foot-rug along with him so. The marbled tiles looked cold and he could not fathom the idea of being in direct contact with them. Having wet tiles was a horror and he had exposed himself to the frosty weather enough for one day.

He looked around the room in thought as he could not find Eniola. Confusion slowly set in. He could swear he heard her come in.

After listening to the silence for a while, he shook his head and dragged himself to the walk-in closet.

There were not a lot to pick from just white shirts, warm coloured pants and some robes that smelled like they were just as old as the building. The pants were a last minute decision he made to buy them when he first arrived at the house the previous night.

He was just about to reach for a shirt when someone screamed and touched him on his shoulder—

"Boo!" He jolted a little but turned to see a mischievous Eniola grinning at him. "You didn't even jump and scream."

"I—" He could not admit to her that he was a bit spooked but sighed in relief. It could have been something much worse. "I do not even know what to say to you." He replied and she just rolled her eyes stopping midway to gawk at his exposed upper tattooed body.

"I will never get used to this. And Varo was right about you being a robot." She said, dragging her gaze back to his eyes then shaking her head and heading back to the bedroom.

He bit his bottom lip in thought before speaking. "Someone has tried to stab me in the back by scaring me like that. Literally."

He could hear her tell 'what?' as he quickly threw on a long sleeved cotton t-shirt and a pair of cream coloured sweatpants and ruffled his hair with the towel before heading back to her.