22.

"You look fucking constipated."

"You look like you're suffering diarrhoea."

"You look like diarrhoea suffered from you."

"Shut up, the both of you."

Usually, Tobias would not intervene but not at that moment, he was tensed.

Plans had changed and the guys were going to meet them in the house then escort them to the court. He had made sure they were armed and prepared for anything and everything that could happen. For all he knew, the entire court session might be a trap.

"Huh, they actually made it on time." Varo said from his position at the window as he peeped through the blinds.

Tobias nodded. "Go meet them outside and introduce them to Clara. Though sure she already knows most of them." He instructed, looking at his watch.

They had at least an hour before her trial started and much time had already been wasted trying to wake Alvaro whose body clock believed three in the morning was an appropriate time to fall asleep.

"Sure thing." The man called, beckoning Clara to follow him outside.

Tobias pulled out a small revolver from his suit's inner pockets and toyed with it before keeping it back in.

The weight and size was just moderate and could easily be hidden in plain sight. It was perfect for her.

"I'm sorry I took so long. I couldn't find my glasses." She suddenly called from the top of the stairs, hastily making her way down.

"Did you find them? You look beautiful by the way." He managed to keep a cool voice, hiding the nervousness in his voice as it was the first time he was speaking to her since the last night.

She didn't seem like she cared or dwelled on it though.

"Yeah I found it." Eniola said with a small smile.

"Alright. I wanted to give you something. If you ever have to use it..." He brought out the small gun. "... Do not hesitate."

He knew the small gasp from her was of surprise and not of shock. She had handled guns before. Her father had made sure Tobias took her to target practice and he had gifted her one on her eighteenth birthday. He didn't want to think about what had happened to it.

"I don't think I remember how to use one." She said quietly as she took it from him, pointing it in a random direction.

He cautiously covered her hand with his own, making sure she was not on the trigger. "It's not difficult to use. Just remove the safety, aim and pull the trigger. May I?"

"Uhm, sure."

Tobias tucked the gun right in the waistband of her skirt then tied the coat securely around it, concealing it. "There. I honestly hope it does not come to this but we can never be too cautious. And I've got your back if anything comes up."

"I got you too. I have a fucking gun now." She grinned proudly and he couldn't help but smile. At least there was no awkward air around them. 

"Of course you do. Let's go now. The guys are outside." He said and she nodded strapping her handbag over her shoulder. The entire green theme she was going for matched his dark suit. Something told him it was deliberate.

"They're here? That's so cool." She beamed pulling her scarf over her chin as he opened the door for her.

It was getting colder by the minute. He was glad his last minute accessory was a black coat.

"Oh fuck, that's her?" A voice whispered loudly causing him to groan.

She turned after locking her door and tucking the key in her bag.