8.

"Did you even see that stop sign?!"

"Yes, I simply chose to ignore it." 

"Are you sure you don't need to get your eyes checked?" Her English accent was more obvious as if to match her frustration.

"What's your deal with always screaming in my house, Clara?" Clara's face turned pale as she heard the voice.

Eniola was right behind her.

"M-miss Eniola-" She stuttered, turning to apologize.

"Ah, Eniola Gillian!" The dark-headed man exclaimed pushing past Clara. "It is so nice to finally meet you." He grinned, putting an obnoxious set of white teeth on display.

"You must be Alvaro! Tobias has told me a lot about you. It's awesome to finally meet you!" She grinned back and watched in delight as he took her hand in his and kissed on the back of her palm.

Tobias rolled his eyes.

She and Tobias had spent half of the day discussing and watching television.

Well, Eniola was watching television. Tobias had used his spare time to read his employees' reports. Eniola could sense he was a bit anxious leaving the company functioning without him.

"Call me Varo and the pleasure is all mine, chica." He winked, gently letting go of her hand.

Of course, Eniola would fall for his charms. His tanned skin and deep brown eyes were hard to repel against.

"Gato!" The proud Cuban exclaimed after recognizing the other man clad in a white shirt and khakis silently watching him with a faint smile on his lips. "For fuck's sake, call a bit more!" Alvaro rushed to Tobias and hugged him.

"It has been a while, Varo Loco." Tobias patted him on the back before awkwardly letting go.

He had never been the affectionate type.

"Too fucking long, Gato." Varo smiled scratching his buddy's short hair.

"You're still going to call me that?" Tobias asked laughing heartedly as he remembered when the nickname started.

His mother had always compared his stealth and quietness to that of an old cat of hers. She called him the nickname once and Varo made it his second name.

His smile faltered a bit at the thought of his mother.

"Yeah, I never stopped," Varo answered oblivious of Tobias's train of thoughts.

"Varo, would you like to have lunch? I made something." Eniola quickly stepped in, noticing the slight change in Tobi's mood.

"Would I?! Darling, I haven't had good food since I left Vararedo two days ago." He complained and caught Clara rolling her eyes as Eniola laughed and led him to the dining.

"The fuck? Why?" 

"Nobody cooks better than mi abuelita. I couldn't stomach any other food and just had to settle for snacks and Coke." 

"Well, I hope you like my food. I spent a lot of time on it!" She smiled at the man who had already begun to take his seat.

~~~

"And the woman thought we could fuck as payment. Can you believe that?!" Varo exclaimed as he narrated one of his experiences with broke clients.

Tobias had his cheer of listening to his lamentations and most times, it made him wonder why Varo still practiced that branch of law. At that moment, he just wished Alvaro could use less colorful words as he pushed the last morsel of his food around. Clara wished he would just shut up and Bob... Bob just wondered why his food always had less meat.