44.

I passed out five times but here's your smut!

~~~

"Tobias..." Eniola called again but was met with silence as she played with the tie he had refused to wear. He had been ignoring her ever since she told him about Kent Wallace.

"So you were with him for three years?" Tobias had asked as he sat by the bathtub.

"Yeah, but it was not super serious or anything like that." She quickly cleared up, trying to shake off the memory of him having a gun in Kent's mouth.

"For three years?" He asked again, his fingers lazily twirling the soapy water. He was not even looking at her.

"Oh come on, Tobi. Don't tell me you're jealous." She teased, silently praying he was not upset as she splashed some of the warm water his way.

He easily dodged most of it and although she was trying to be playful, his frown never left.

"Hm."

She liked to believe it was not jealousy. He could not get jealous about an ex, right? It had to be because he was affiliated with Gianni Berlusconi. Or something else...

Well, if he was jealous, she had every right to be the same way as well. Especially after meeting his own ex. The woman's confident smirk when they met in the bathroom made her blood boil.

Clara shouldn't have stopped me from smacking it off her stupid face.

"Tobi." She coaxed as he returned from the bathroom. Was this what the silent treatment felt like?

He tossed a towel over his wet hair with his pants weakly hanging around his waist. Damn.

Wordlessly, he sat on the other side of the bed with his body turned away from her.

Eniola bravely approached him and wrapped her arms around his body with her chest pressing against his back.

"Are you upset?" She asked, frowning as his body remained tense in her embrace. His unhappiness was obvious.

Her heart jolted for a second when his cool fingers cupped her enclosed arms that were around his stomach.

"His death would have sent a stern warning to Giannini." He started. "It would have called for retaliation that would have to be repaid of course but you—"

Tobias gently separated her fingers and turned to her.

"You saved him." He paused to exhale like talking calmly was a burden. "If you had not interfered, Anthony's death would have been avenged and even Maria's. Right now, the men probably think I am out of my mind for wanting to settle things so easily and to return Giovanni."

Eniola held his hands again, relieved that he was not flinching away from her.

"And they may be right."

Huh?

He laughed bitterly and squeezed her hands before letting go again.

"Giannini's messenger was standing right across from me and all I could imagine was how often the both of you had shared a bed." He clenched his fist as his large palm cradled her face.

The smile he always seemed to have saved for her looked forced.

"It felt wrong to kill the man." He continued, closing his eyes for a few seconds. "If he had died by my hands, it would be because of jealousy, not vengeance. You wanted to hear it, did you not? Eniola, I was jealous. I still am.