17.

It took less than a second to understand what was going on as he was half asleep and when he did, nearly panicked.

He could tell her lips felt warm and full against his as she lightly pressed them together. He couldn't breathe... Well, he could but he believed it would ruin the sudden moment. Would rather pass out if I'm being completely honest.

She lightly moved her lips along his, wordlessly urging him to continue before he hesitantly agreed, his hand moving from the back of her head to the curve of her waist.

Tobias tried to not overthink their position as her hand gently held his face, attempting to deepen this kiss without going all the way.

She was kissing him.

The only person he gave a shit about was kissing him.

Every single thought that bothered him immediately fled from his mind. He did not care about Berlusconi and what he planned to do because nothing else mattered when they were that close.

His hold around her tightened just as she pulled away, leaving his lips cold and needy.

He bit his bottom lip in annoyance, not missing as her eyes followed the movement.

"That wasn't too bad." She said quietly still hovering above him with a wide grin. Still close enough for him to smell her shampoo.

"It wasn't..." He agreed, with his eyes zeroed in on hers. He knew he needed a second to collect his thoughts and he also needed another kiss. He wanted to feel whatever it was that he felt again.

"Yeah." She breathed, running her hand down the t-shirt he had decided to wear. "You need to sleep."

He searched her eyes for any signs of playfulness but was met with none. How does she expect me to sleep? Especially after what happened?!

"I do?" He asked, still feeling her fingers play with his shirt. It was soothing.

"Yes, and as much as I enjoy kissing you and watching your pretty gray eyes, you still need to rest. You look like you haven't closed your eyes in days." She frowned and dropped a light peck on his lips, smiling at his flushed face. Fucking hell.

"I guess so. I've just been really busy with work."

He had never been religious but he had to send a special thanks to God for not stuttering. The electricity that spread from his mouth made it a bit difficult to reason rationally.

"Yeah, work." She snickered and finally got up from his body after he reluctantly let go of her waist. "So, shut your eyes and sleep. It's not nine yet and it's a Sunday morning. Rest." Enny answered quietly, dropping a peck on his forehead and pulling the blanket over them both.

"You're sleeping too?" He asked as he watched her wedge a pillow against her back and the headboard.

"Nope. I'm just going to stay on my phone a bit and make sure you fall asleep. Now sleep." She instructed and pulled the blanket over his face, earning a chuckle from him.

Small gestures and acts of service affected him and coming from someone he had affection for, Tobias felt comfortable with her just being by his side. The past few days had been a huge shift from what he believed he was used to and having her force him to nap was just the amount of level ground that he needed. He was grateful for that. He never really had a lot of people he would even think of falling asleep beside them. Most of the people he knew were loyal to his father and not him, they wouldn't hesitate to make him nonexistent.

She on the other hand...

Eniola seemed like the type to beat someone on his behalf even when the confrontation could be completely avoided. He was not sure whether or not he cared about her the same way he did. Well firstly, I wouldn't be overthinking like this after a three-second kiss if it happened years ago. She was making him fail to recognise his own emotions.