So... What Do We Name Them?

She was cute.

Tobias could not help but take a picture of her funny posture as she sat with her legs folded and tried to lean over the many guidebooks in front of her.

With another look at her focused expression and mismatched socks, he smiled and took another picture.

This time, the shutter sound got her attention.

"Babe, I've been waiting for you!" she said, pouting at him as he finally entered the house.

The pout morphed into a smile when he held up the bag of Chinese food he had stopped to get for her.

Clara was unavailable to run such errands due to preparations for the wedding and Alvaro nearly having a heart attack whenever she talked about work. Tobias was slowly beginning to understand how daunting being a personal assistant was.

It was even more difficult when your employer was seven months pregnant.

"You know me so well," Eniola said, accepting the food before his kiss.

He had also accepted that for the next few months, he would remain a second option —right after her weird cravings.

"What are we doing this time, fuego?" he asked fondly, sitting right across from her and stretching his legs on the cold floor.

How the hell was she so comfortable?

"Mommy powers." Was her answer for every unusual thing she did.

He looked at the abandoned spreadsheet on her plugged-in computer and at the books in front of him.

'The guide to the perfect name!' The first read and there was a picture of a chubby smiling baby that made him smile too. Cute.

"Names?" he asked, skimming through the pages. "Are you finally going to tell me the ones you already have in mind?"

She considered it for a moment as she ate but pointed a chopstick at him. "I asked you to get names too."

He had some names but was a bit anxious about telling her. He did not know whether she would like them.

"But I got some interesting ones when I went to see my mum," Eniola said, sparing him for a moment. "I wrote them down too."

She pointed at a small journal that seemed to have at least twenty names listed on it.

"I know it's a lot but I couldn't pick one!" she quickly explained, biting into the piece of fried fish. Now he too was getting hungry. "Want some?"

He nodded.

"But what was that about not eating out anymore?" She teased, making Tobias roll his eyes.

"You are cruel."

She laughed loudly but passed him a box, "I'll let you off this time."

He laughed and finally went through the names as he ate.

After looking at the first five names, he realized something.

"I never asked you what your name meant." He said, observing that Enioluwa was also on the list. It was very similar to her name.

"Oh, my mother says it means a Wealthy Person. Someone born with a silver spoon. You know, that shit," she explained. "Yeah, you could say my parents weren't really humble."

Her small laugh made him grin stupidly. She was so adorable.

"I was thinking about giving them Yoruba names that went with mine and middle names that went with your native one."