32.5

ALVARO

"There, there. Hush." He shushed the man struggling in his arms and trying to push away the cloth from his face.

It took a few seconds for the man to stop struggling and to submit to the effect of the gas.

"Yep, all done." He let the now unconscious man drop harshly on the tiled floor before wiping his hands.

He smiled inwardly as he watched Bob sleep.

Yeah, I did that.

Robert was a big man yet he managed to subdue him so easily.

Sometimes, his strength surprised him. He was baffled by how he could easily snap a person's neck like a twig if he wanted to.

I would be fucking top rated if I was a hitman.

The thought of having a few million dollars to squander sounded pleasant to him. He already had the skills, what else would a hitman need? And being so highly ranked in the Herido family would make him in high demand.

He grimaced as a certain memory hit him. That bastard.

He was certain that they would still be together if the idiot had not followed his dreams and greed that eventually killed him.

That was what greed could do to a person and it was exactly why he hated entitled and greedy people.

They always wanted more.

And that was the one thing keeping him content with being a lawyer and a member of the family.

He already had more than enough. He could not be like him.

A cough distracted him.

Son of a—

"What the fuck do you want?" He snapped at Giovanni who sat on the floor against fixated table. His hands were bound around one of the legs of the table and his legs were tied in a cris cross position. It would be a bitch to stand up.

"Water..." Giovanni croaked and Alvaro rolled his eyes, his gaze resting on a sleeping Riccardo for a second. The man was meant to keep watch while he was away.

Lazy fucker.

"Oh? You want water?" Giovanni barely nodded, the dried oil that caked his face made it difficult to figure out his facial expression but Varo could sense a frown.

Not that he cared.

The idiot should be lucky he isn't dead yet.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and strolled to the pitcher on the table then poured some of the liquid into a tumbler. Until Tobias had the time to interview him, he was still allowed to live.

"Here you go, Judy." He tipped the glass right over the judge's face, grinning as the man gasped in shock and frustration.

"Oh, come on! You said you wanted water. What the fuck are you being dramatic for?" He asked mockingly and yawned when he got no response.

He was bored.

"Fuck. I'm bored." See?

Tobias had dismissed him because he had some work. Clara was with Rebecca, Mateo was fixing up the gym with Luca and Eniola was with Vittore— oh, fuck no.

"Have a good night, Judy!" He hastily took his jacket from the chair and slapped Riccardo on his way out. "Wake up, fat fuck."

Varo was sure as hell that the man would get back at him at their workout session the next day. I need to remind Gato. I cannot suffer alone.