1

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

"...as last night, the body of a middle-aged man was found on an abandoned building at the outskirt part of the city. Half of the face was crushed beyond recognition with..." the anchor continues to report behind the small screen of the old TV at the top of the side table.

Across the table, sits a young man wearing an eye-catching blue and red apron with 'Onemart' written in the middle of the chest. Despite currently being on the shift and keeping the cashier duty, his pretty doe-eyes attentively stare at the TV's digital screen.

His stagnant activity than being interrupted by a click of someone else's tongue and a thud on the counter of the cashier machine. The young man looks up and found his co-worker, Cammie, frowning while looking at the same screen across the counter, "Wow, another corpse has been found. This is the 3rd one in just this month alone. This city has become more and more chaotic."

She then turns to look at the ever-quiet co-worker of her in concern, "Are you really going to take half of the shift tonight, Kei?"

Kei, or Keenan, raised both ends of his rosy chestnut lips to form a smile in reassurance, "I'll be fine, Cammie. It's just until 10 pm and another employee will be there with me. I won't be alone by myself, nothing bad will happen."

The 24-hour supermarket consists of 3 shifts and is filled by 2 workers per time. Both Kei's and Cammie is scheduled to work from 8 am to 4 pm. But, one of the supermarket's employees had suddenly caught a fever and requesting for absence. So because of that, the owner asked Kei and another graveyard shift employee to split the time between them.

And Kei, who is timid in nature, eventually agreed as he doesn't have the guts to decline.

Cammie raises one of her eyebrows and rests both hands on her waist, "That's not what I'm worried about, Kei. What I'm worried about is when you're on your way home. We're almost entering the middle of the month and both of us know what happens within this range of time. It is dangerous for a pretty boy like you to be walking alone at night. And worse, we don't know exactly when The Abadeer's men will be on the prowl."

It has been a public secret of what the true identity of The Abadeer household is. Powerful people consider them as a conglomerate family that owns many white businesses and a good back-up for their own benefit. But it is already widely known as well that behind all of that seemingly pristine facade, Abadeers are a ruthless and most powerful mafia family. And since they are so powerful and feared, the family doesn't even bother to hide their many scars on the surface.

Drug and weapon cartels, money laundering, killing people, you name it and I bet they've done it all. But among the abundant crimes that they have done, a particular one has been troubling the commoners like them greatly. And that is their business on pleasure houses.

Not that because their sex worker likes to disturb by flirting or yelling in a drunken state, or the regulars of those places who mostly like to buy condoms here at grave hours. But it's because of the owner's sick tradition of kidnapping beautiful people, mostly women, to be used as their new merchandise.

It is a very known fact that there will be one missing person every month in this city and around the area. Then, the said person will be found not long after as either a stripper or prostitute at one of the brothels on the red district. 

"But my home is just a few blocks away. Besides, I think it'll be even more dangerous for a girl like you to be walking alone at night, Cam." Kei encounters.

But the concern is quickly being counter back by Cammie with a fact, as ridiculous as it sounds, makes a whole lot of sense, "But you're way prettier than me."

The blunt remark makes Kei's cheeks blush as he averts his gaze away due to embarrassment, "..."

Now that kind of comments Kei can't deny. Not because he's prettier than Cammie like she had one-sidedly claimed. But it is already well known in this area that because despite being a man, Kei is indeed beautiful, even way prettier than most women.

Pointy with a tall bridge for a nose, a pair of clear brown doe-eyes that are adorned by long and dainty eyelashes, with luscious plump chestnut lips are decorated his delicate facial feature. Not forgetting his tall yet slender figure with 2 pairs of long limbs, slender arms and toned legs, and a waist that is tiny and curvy attached to a pair of round asscheeks.

Not to mention Kei's light-coloured unblemished skin that beautifully complements his silky dark chocolate medium-length locks. The cream undertone of his features makes Kei looks soft and delicate, giving a warm and fuzzy feeling to whoever lay their gaze at him.

All in all, it is undisputed fact of how pretty Kei is.

"I'm serious, Kei," Cammie emphasizes and points with her jaw to the pocket on Kei's apron, "Why don't you ask Tom to come and pick you up? I'm sure he will be delighted to,"

"Uhm..." Kei is hesitant as his dainty hands nervously fidget with each other, "I don't feel comfortable to ask him, Cam. You know how I truly feel for him and It doesn't seem fair to ask more when I can't even reciprocate his feelings back."

Cammie rolls her eyes, "Don't hesitate and just asks. Think of your safety first before concerning someone else. If you don't want to then fine," She takes out her own phone and starts typing on the screen, "I'll ask him for you. If he's not available, we can ask Paul next as I know," she stops typing and shows a cheeky smile to Kei, "He's also into you."

Then suddenly, a loud thud from the cashier counter startles them. Both look towards the source of the sound and found someone, a man, dressed untidily in a black suit already stand while gripping one of the wine bottles that have now rested on the table. The stranger scowls in their direction before uttering with a harsh intonation, "How come you 2 fucking talking in the middle of working hours, huh?! Lazing aro-"

Strangely, the man cuts his own words the moment Kei's brown eyes gaze back at him. He even doesn't utter any complaints back when both of them apologizes and Kei quickly stands to scans the barcode of the purchase while Cammie helps to bag the purchases.

"42 dollars and 50 cents," Kei mumble. At first, the pretty boy keeps his gaze forward to the man for a polite reason. But slowly, he can't help but to averts his gaze down for feeling discomfort at how this stranger seems to eye him. It is as if the man is trying to strip Kei with the piercing gaze, up and down scanning at his clothed body. Adding that the man's smirk doesn't seem that friendly in his opinion.

Luckily, Cammie notices Kei's discomfort and interrupts the inappropriate stare, "Sir, he said the total is 42 dollars and 50 cents."

The stranger quickly flutters his eyes and paid before smirking once again and mumble with a barely audible voice, "Pretty," and goes out of the shop.

The comment, even though spoken with a hush, can be heard by both of them and successfully made the hair on their nape stand in an alert. Knowing this, Cammie turns to look at the fidgeting pretty boy with a serious expression, "Did you see how that man was looking at you? Did you hear that comment he whispered just now?"

Kei forced a smile, "I'm sure it's nothing, Cam."

"Nothing?" Cam echoes in disbelief and shakes her head, "There's just no way it's nothing. See what I told you? You're too pretty to be walking alone at night, Kei," she states again while taking out her phone once again and type vigorously on it, "Don't argue with me on this and let Tom take you back home!"

Not wanting to argue any further, Kei let out a soft sigh and decided to just let Cammie do whatever she wants. Not that Kei himself is someone who likes to argue anyway as he's the type to accept whatever things will be thrown at him and go with the flow.

____________________

Thank you for reading my work!

I sincerely hope you enjoy my writing :)

Please don't forget to vote and feel free to give me comments to help me write better :)