2

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

The clock hadn't hit the 10 mark yet when Tom arrived at the now dim-lit supermarket. The man immediately set his pair of grey orbs to Kei, who is still attending a customer at the cashier counter. With a smile spread over his lips, Tom goes towards his crush when the latter is done with ringing out the customer.

"Kei," Tom greets while standing across the cashier counter.

"Tom!" Kei startles with wide doe-eyes and looks at the digital clock at one side of the wall. He then brings his gaze back to Tom, "What are you doing here? It's still 9.30."

The grey-eyed man shrugs, "Figured to come here earlier than late, right?"

Late? How can this guy be late when Kei knows that Tom lived just a 10-minute walk from here? But Kei decided not to argue with that and quietly busied himself with whatever small work he can do.

Tom then leans to the counter while still paying attention to Kei's every movement, "How's your day today? Anyone bugging you?"

The pretty boy stops his activity and gazes his doe-eyes back at the man in front of him with wonder, feeling confused as to why Tom suddenly asks such a random question.

The grey-eyed man catches the confusion and replies by casually shrugs his shoulders, "Just that I'm afraid that someone else might fancy you. It won't be good to have another competitor swoop a pretty guy like you from me."

The bold remarks widen Kei's doe-eyes briefly before quickly bringing his gaze down back to avoid Tom's intense stare.

"Hey, relax Kei. I'm just joking," Tom chuckles and leans back while still keeping his gaze to the pretty boy in front of him, "I know you have such high standards when it comes to men. So there's no way people around here will be able to woo you," he then shrugs again, "Even a man as handsome as me can't,"

Kei doesn't answer and continues to do whatever small work his dainty hands can do to avoid this awkward situation. It even tempted him to just cancel all of this and go back home by himself. But he set aside that idea as he doesn't want to debate with Tom in the middle of his shift. Besides, Kei doesn't like to debate and prefers to avoid it as much as possible.

The overconfidence this man has is one of the reasons why Kei was so reluctant to be around Tom. And the other thing is how the latter falsely perceive him. Despite the latter being a good man, Kei doesn't like how Tom often seems to indirectly judge him without knowing. It is as if the man only try to know him from the outside but doesn't make an effort to understand his inside.

Kei is very much aware of how pretty he is. But this feature also caused people to quickly judge him and one-sidedly decides to make assumptions about what he likes and dislikes. People often say how arrogant and cold Kei's attitude is when in truth, he just doesn't know how to handle people well.

Kei's just too timid and shy to both start and continues a conversation with others. But it seems, not a single person around him can understand that struggle.

.

.

.

30 minutes of his remaining shift has finally ended. After bidding goodbye to his co-workers, Kei fixes the tote bag on his shoulder and joins Tom, who is already waiting for him at the side of the road.

The walk from the supermarket to the apartment that he rents will take around 15 to 20 minutes. The building is placed a little uphill from the supermarket and some of the streetlights are pretty dim to lighten up the road.