52

Author's note: A short chapter of the beast and his kitten sweet moment ><

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

Last night's event oddly imprinted on Hye Rin. Even though she had only seen it for a few seconds, every scene, every sound, every movement, all still fresh and imprinted on her mind. It haunts both her mind and heart, making it ache at the fact of how unwanted she really is to Sargon.

And the stare that Kei laid on her that night... It just planted something hurtful and fear inside of her. It makes her want to scream all night, to cry until her eyes go dry. She did do that last night, after finding her way and locking herself inside her room. But that session doesn't seem to satiate her. In fact, it just makes her want to do it again.

But at least, Zech's presence seems to help to distract her from the feeling, as both of them are now walking towards the dining room to have breakfast. On the way, keeping a slow pace since the young Abadeer is not fully recovered yet, Zech keeps his eye on her before uttering his concern, "Are you okay, Hye Rin?"

The princess forced a smile while briefly looking at Zech, before averting her gaze away. Hye Rin doesn't let out any verbal answer, but Zech seems to understand and drops the topic, decides not to say anything else to her.

Arrived at the dining room, both are surprised to see Sargon sitting at the centre far end of the dining table, with a coffee and a lit cigar on the ashtray beside it. The boss's onyx orbs briefly look at them, before going back to read the newspaper that he held.

"Brother," Zech breathes out and smiles, "It's rare to see you having breakfast."

"I'm not having one," Sargon replies, eyes never leaving the newspaper, "Just waiting for Keenan's breakfast to be ready."

The statement surprised Zech once again. Usually, Sargon would order servants to send it over. No way someone like him has the patience to wait for a breakfast that is meant for someone else. So it is shocking and out of character for the ruthless brother that has such little care for anyone to do this.

"...I see," Zech slowly nods and walks closer to sit on Sargon's left side before inviting Hye Rin to sit next to him, "Come, Hye Rin."

Hye Rin hesitates at first, eyeing Sargon's reaction. But when the master of the house doesn't utter any complaints or show any disagreement with the invitation, the princess follows and sits beside Zech. As everyone has seated, Alfred comes out of the kitchen and approaches the dining table. The head butler bowed to the newly arrived couple, "Good morning, Young master Zechariah and Ms Song. Your breakfasts are currently being prepared and will arrive in 5 minutes. Would you like some coffee with it?"

"Thank you, Alfred. And yes, I would like to. How about you, Hye Rin?" Zech asks.

Hye Rin shakes her head, "No, I would prefer tea, thank you."

Alfred nods and retreats back to the kitchen. And as the awkward silence fills the room, Hye Rin finally has enough courage to talk to Sargon. She turns to look at the far edge of the table and voices out her request,  "I want... to go back to--"

But her sentence is being cut by another sentence, and this one is written in bold font at the front of the newspaper that Sargon held.

-----

Song Yong Jae Missing: No Clue Said Police

-----