19

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

There's a small orphanage at the edge of the city located in the middle of a humble, low-class neighbourhood. But despite being a poverty block, the people that live there mostly have a happy life. Probably because they don't need much and their mind isn't filled with complicated kinds of stuff.

That's why the neighbourhood is such a good place to live in for parentless children, who are mostly involved and victims of The Abadeer's doings.

But why are the children treated so special by the one who has wronged them? Because the same family that caused them to be orphans is the same one that founded the facility they're now living in.

Most of the parents were either killed because of piled up debts, sold off as illegal slaves, being wiped out for disobedience, or just simply running away in fear. Those are some of the many reasons for the abandoned children to stay here.

And with that reason as well, Little Kei was dropped here in front of the facility. His little hand is still tightly holding on to the big brother's index and middle fingers, silently refusing to let go. Behind them are rows of adult men dressed in black and tasked to guard the Young master.

Little Kei then brings his big teary doe-eyes up to look at the said Young master, "...Big brother... will leave Kei here?"

Hearing the sad intonation, the older boy takes his own pause while gazing the onyx eyes down, before smiling gently and levelling himself down by kneeling in front of the toddler, "I have to, Kei. You won't be safe living with me."

The confirmation saddened Little Kei's delicate heart greatly. Because throughout the time when he was taken away from his parents until now, the big brother and adults around him are treating Kei very kindly.

"B-but why? Is ...Kei bad?" The tiny boy asks with his adorably tiny voice that has now gone trembling for holding in the cry.

"No no no," The older quickly denies and gently wipe the tears from Kei's reddening cheeks, "Kei is such a good boy. Kei never did anything bad to us. Just that..."

The older boy let out a soft sigh before continuing to comfort the adorable toddler in front of him, "...Kei will be safer and happier here. This place... can be a start of a new life for you."

"But..." Kei sniffs as tears continue to race down on his chubby cheeks, "...big brother is not here... Kei..." the teary doe-eyes gaze down and look at his tiny hands that tightly hold a couple of his now favourite milk candies, "...is alone again..."

After some thinking, the older boy finally comes with a decision, "Then how about this?"

Kei lifts his big doe-eyes to look at the big brother.

"How about..." The onyx orbs twinkle in reassurance, "I'll come to visit you once a week? We can play some games together and I can restock some milk candies for you."

The older then take out more milk candies and place a total of 7 sweets on Kei's tiny palms while utters, "Here. Promise me to take one on each day. One represents a day. So when by the time it runs out, I promise that I'll come and give more."

"If Kei eat more than one..." The toddler hums and tries to explain a cheat while blinking adorably, "Big brother not come faster?"

The older then cutely pouts his thin lips while trying to hold on to his chuckle, "Unfortunately no... If you eat more then I won't be able to come right away and give more to you. You don't want that to happen do you?"