58

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

On day 2 of their being apart, Kei had been in a silky gloom all morning. His pretty face is curtain by a frown, lean shoulders slumping unexcited as he sits on the sofa in the living room, resting his chin on both hands with doe eyes looking at the ongoing cartoon on the 84-inch TV uninterestedly.

The funny scenes feel gloomy for some reason. The brown mouse's witty character isn't able to put a smile on Kei's face. The grey cat's retaliation and stupid actions don't incite any laughter from Kei. Everything feels so monotone and... gloomy.

Kei doesn't really have any hobbies he's into to spend time on, aside from playing the candy puzzle game and a new addition of watching cartoon shows. So when he's not busy with his madam duty, the kitten struggles with what he can do to fill the void. Because of that, the feeling of longing for Sargon becomes more present and heavier to bear.

It is normal for Kei to stay in the mansion most of the time. But with the absence of his dear beast, the luxurious property feels empty and too... big. Even though there are maids and Auntie Jo to accompany him, it doesn't feel the same. He still feels lonely.

...Today is just day 2 of us being apart... Have patience... Kei thought to himself and let out a long sigh.

...Is Sargon feeling the same over there? I know it must've been contentful for him to finally get his revenge. But... Does Sargon still think about me? The kitten continues his lament as he moves position from sitting to lying down sideways on the sofa.

"...I wish he does..." Kei voiced out in a low volume, letting out a soft whimper before hiding his face in between the sofa's soft cushion, hoping it can help to mute his complaint a little bit, "...I wish he can come home sooner..."

It is a selfish thought, hoping the other to understand his unspoken whims and fulfil them. But Kei's caring side prevented him from reaching out and voicing the longing because the kitten had always wanted Sargon to fulfil the long-time revenge as well. So it becomes a battle inside his delicate heart as to which side he's wanting to support.

Because of this, the kitten hopes that Sargon's sensitive enough to sense his whims, to at least notice it and make a small effort to ease it. The beast had always successfully done it many times before, but with this long distance between them and the latter's busy fulfilling the long-time revenge desire, Kei doubts the latter will remember it.

And through his soft whimper of complaints, a melodic tune slips in between and bleeds into his ears. Curious, the kitten lifts his head and turns to the coffee table that is placed in front of the sofa he's sitting on. His doe eyes then caught the sight of his smartphone, the screen lighting up with a green button floating in the middle of it.

Changing back to a sitting position, Kei takes the device to look at the screen closer. His eyebrows immediately release the curious knots, replaces by a set of wide doe eyes the moment he reads the name underneath the floating green button.

Kei swipes the button upwards, resulting in the screen showing a timer going in seconds. He lifts and presses the device on his right ear, accidentally letting out a soft gasp the moment a baritone voice goes into his hearing.

"Kitten?"

A smile blooms on the chestnut lips, his doe eyes twinkle in delight to hear the endearing pet name rolls out of the longing baritone voice, "...Sargon?"

"Yes," The other line answers before letting out a light chuckle, "How are you?"

The other free dainty hand fidgets, pinching the hem of his shirt to suppress the nervous feeling, "...I'm okay..."