32

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

It has been almost a week since Sargon brought Kei along to the company. And throughout the time, his kitten had obediently waited for him at the seating area of his private office, silently playing a game called 'Candy Slush' that Sargon had helped to install inside the boy's almost unused smartphone.

Whenever the kitten finished a level, he will announce it by softly gasping and faintly squealing in happiness to celebrate his small victory. And when that happens, Sargon will always catch and secretly smile at the kitten's adorable gestures.

Kei's presence in the office seems to help make Sargon soften a little in terms of behaviour and speaking. He would try his hardest not to look so scary and use the gentlest intonation, even though he sometimes feels pissed when the outcomes of the company's projects weren't satisfying.

Like now, after glancing to check on his kitten, the boss diverts his attention back to one of his employees that stands at the other side of the desk. The said employee is the supervisor of the agriculture department and currently relaying this month's report to him.

Despite wanting to just yell and strangle his subordinate for not doing an excellent job, Sargon still smiles oh so handsomely with his baritone voice utters with such a gentle intonation, "Explain to me how the fuck we lack a total of 5 tons of cannabis when we're expected 100 tons in the harvest. Where that 5% go to? Hm?"

Jin and Byeol, who have been standing behind their boss begin to look at each other in wonder, puzzled at how soft Sargon's voice is.

It also startled the employee as the current problem is not a small one. But he quickly regains his posture and bowing deeply, in an attempt to also avoid looking at the boss's intimidating eyes. After all, those onyx orbs still look so sharp and plant a fear seed deep into his heart, "I-I'm sorry, Boss Tien," He stutters and swallows a lump of nervousness down, "W-we don't know what happened. But one out of our twenty trailers didn't arrive at the storage even until now."

Sargon hums for a little while still keeping his charming smile. He then turns his head a little to Jin beside Byeol who is now quietly taking notes of the ongoing report, "Tae Jin."

"Yes, boss," The head henchman replies and take a step closer to Sargon.

"Lend a hand." The boss orders and give the files to Jin, "Find out what happened. If it's caused by our enemies, bring all of their heads to me."

"Understood," Jin nods in understanding.

"Good," Sargon glances back to the employee and points towards the door with his jaw, "I had lent you my hand. Now go and do not disappoint me. Bring back what I lost and," Sargon gestures by lazily swinging a hand at the side of his head with a wide smile adorning his handsome feature, "Good things will still belong and attach on you."

The last statement brings shivers to the employee's spine and quickly bow repeatedly while uttering affirmation responses before walking out of the office with Jin to do the task.

Byeol that had been paying attention to the report finally utters out her curiosity, "I noticed that your intonation isn't as harsh as usual. Despite still frightening, you didn't yell or directly threaten to kill that employee. The minus 5% of cannabis is quite a huge loss you know."

Before answering, Sargon takes a cigar out of the wooden box on the right side of his desk and lights the end of it. After inhaling the bitter fumes, the boss leans to the office chair and utters out his reason with smokes escaping out of the thin lips, "Kitten is here. I promised him to be a little nicer when he's around."