55

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

After gathering enough courage, Zech knocks on the door of Sargon's office before entering once he hears permission to do so. Once inside, he sees Byeol standing in front of the desk and Sargon sitting behind it.

Zech was immediately get shocked the moment his eyes landed on the object at the centre of the desk. Even though he had seen it many times in the past, it somehow feels different when you see an acquaintance's head preserved in a jar.

"W-what the fuck!" Zech blurts out and looks at Sargon with wide eyes, "Isn't that Boun?"

"Yes," The boss casually replies and puts a cloth to cover the jar, "Not something you need to worry about." Before turning to Byeol with a satisfied smile and eyes fills with sincerity, "The family thank you for successfully accomplishing the mission. This has proven how loyal and caring you are as a part of us. You may go now."

"Yes, Boss Tien." Byeol bows deeply before walking out of the office.

"I guess this is the reason why Keenan's not with you, huh?" Zech opens the conversation as soon as the secretary left the room, "I saw him playing with flowers in the back garden accompanied by Jo."

Setting the now-covered jar aside, Sargon didn't reply to Zech's comment. He only eyed the younger with a stinging stare. Instead of continuing the offered topic, Sargon goes straight to the point, "What do you want?"

Zech's lips tremble for a bit, before finally relaying the information that he gets from Hye Rin. He makes sure to leave none behind and be clear as possible. The shared information lit something in Sargon's onyx orbs, as the young Abadeer can see them widen briefly before returning back to their original size.

"Is this for sure?"

Zech nods to answer.

Sargon tilts his head, showing a little doubt and demanding conviction. Because after all, this young brother of his has wavered loyalty for the name of their family, "I know Lockwood Lake. There's nothing but a forest around it."

"If I'm lying, you can cut my tongue for it," Zech reassures without thinking twice.

There's a pause between them, Sargon with his observation for conviction and Zech keeping his expression as open as possible. Both know each other so well that it is impossible to lie to one another. After being satisfied with his observation, The older Abadeer nodded and set his gaze down to the many documents on his table, "Good. You may go now."

"...What happens to Hye Rin now, brother?" The younger asks in a smaller voice and hesitantly.

Sargon keeps his gaze down, pen in his hand scribbling signatures on the papers, "To be honest, I've wanted to rip her head out."

A pause comes once again with Zech's wary fill the air.

"...But the kitten told me to be patient and open my heart," Sargon continues, with a baritone voice still calm as ever. His pen stops writing as his eyes look up to his brother, "So I will do that one last time. After I cut her tongue, you may take and hide her away. I don't want to see any Song in my sight."

Despite being cruel and Hye Rin will lose her tongue, this time, however, Zech easily agreed without any dispute. If it is the price they must pay to get Hye Rin away from this vile family, then so be it. He feels sad of course, but Zech rather has the princess lose a tongue than a head.

"I am thankful that you let Hye Rin go," Zech continues as a hint of sorrow becomes more apparent in his voice, "But you've become too violent, brother. Do you think people will continue to stay loyal if you keep this up?"