48

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

"Aargh!!"

Zech groans as the pain from the shot wound that he sustained intensifies. The pain has gotten worse because he's currently trying to go down a hill out of desperation.

The young Abadeer got shot not more than 5 minutes ago when The Song villa was invaded by a large group of gunmen. The wound started from the left side of his lower back and went through the same side of his stomach. It is fortunate for him that the bullet doesn't hit any fatal areas. But still, the huge loss of blood made it difficult for Zech to keep his stamina to escape.

Song villa that they stayed at is attacked by Hye Rin's uncle, who Zech is also aware of as his own brother's enemy. Turns out, the old man had purposefully set Hye Rin up as bait to lure Zech to them. But luckily, as the princess is someone who still has justice and surprisingly cares for him, Hye Rin refused and decided to defy her uncle's order. Apparently, the defiance ignited Tan's wrath and decided to invade his own niece's residence.

Seems like fear has turned Tan to become a lunatic and egotistical man. To think that he would choose to harm rather than persuade his own niece with words.

The thought makes Zech's eyes turn to Hye Rin, who now escaping while also helping him to carefully go downhill by supporting him by the shoulder.

The once proper and delicate princess now turns into a mess, with her face full of dirt and wet eyes drenched by tears. Her designer peach dress has also now gone dirty, with the right side of the garment drenched by Zech's blood. One of her thin arms wraps around the young Abadeer's waist, guiding the latter's way bigger and taller body with her petite and smaller frame.

They are now trying to get away from a small group of gunmen, going as deep as they can into the woods and cutting through the dense forest. Hopefully, by continuing to go downhill, they can reach the public road on the other side of the forest and find help.

It's a risky decision, seeing that Zech is already on the brink of being unconscious. But they don't have any other option for now and just hope that some miracle will happen.

Hye Rin's round eyes continue to leak out tears as seldom sobs sometimes came out in between the encouragement, "C-come on, Zech. We," she sniffles and pulls Zech along while gazing down to look for a safe place to step on, "We need t-to keep going."

Zech didn't answer, continue to show a pained expression on his paling face. His hand that covers the wound with a cloth doesn't seem to help to stop the blood to come out. In fact, the once white cloth now already gone full red and stained Zech's hand.

But alas, he tries to stay awake and keep going, taking steps one at a time to be further away from The Song's villa and the group that is chasing them. But the feeling of guilt that had been haunting him begins to emerge, slightly halting his attempt to escape.

"Hye Rin," Zech calls and it successfully stops Hye Rin's step to look at him, "W-we have to safe Keenan..."

The princess nods but clearly doesn't have any intention to go back, "We will o-once we get help... T-Tom is with him so I-I'm sure he's safe." She adds another to convince.

Zech was about to encounter the statement but multiple voices of men not far from them interfered.

"There they are!! there's a glimpse of them!"

Hearing the gunmen have already seen them, Hye Rin goes into panic. And the feeling made her slip and fall down the hill.

But before she can fully fall, Zech managed to catch and hug her petite frame to replace her place and hit hard the rocky bottom. And due to the ground being covered by tapered stones, the collision managed to make Zech loudly groan in pain, as the wound on his back was accidentally stabbed again with the tapered edges.