53

Author's note: I haven't fully proofread this yet but I hope nothing's wrong with it!

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

It is in the afternoon in the study room at The Abadeer's mansion. Being a busy man, Sargon needs to do some final checking on a few documents for his business. Some are regarding his illegal businesses and most of them are the legal ones from the white company.

Despite Abadeer being a mafia family, their legal business has been flourishing ever since Sargon took over. There's really no reason behind it such as the family plan to clean themself or some bullshit like that. It's just that because Sargon is that capable and a workaholic.

Sargon is a power-hungry man. If there's a chance he can expand, have more control over others and be feared, he will do it without hesitation. This is why Kei, who is now sitting on the sofa in the same room, is such a perfect fit for him. The kitten doesn't mind being dominated and controlled fully by him. The timidity originally thought will haywire his cruelty, turns out to be the opposite. It can instantly calm him, with how soft and delicate the boy feels on both his skin and heart.

Sargon tears his gaze away from the papers to Kei, as the boy sits while leaning on the left side with both legs up on the sofa, hands occupied with a smartphone. His doe eyes looked down to the screen, with his right forefinger slowly swiping the candy to form a row of 3 identical candies to score a point.

It's such a cute sight, Kei's chestnut lips are slightly pouting and his eyebrows sometimes contort when doing some thinking. It brings a smile to Sargon's thin lips, and the heart feels a little warmer and giddy.

Adding these past few days the doctor informed Kei's wounds on both feet had been healing nicely. Now, the kitten can walk on his own even though it's slower than he used to. But the wound on the right shoulder might take a way long time since it's from a gunshot after all.

It's rather fortunate Kei can use his right hand even though can't raise his arm fully up. He can do it only halfway and that much already made his doe eyes go teary. But the kitten doesn't seem to mind the limitation because his beast had done almost everything in everyday life for him.

They're so sweet. What a very sweet couple indeed. Like a milky candy just touched the surface of a bitter tongue.

Their tranquil moment is interrupted by a knock on a door, as Sargon moves his gaze towards the door before allowing the other side to enter, "Come in."

Zech appears behind the door, before closing it and thinly smiles at Sargon, "Hey, brother."

Sargon didn't answer the greeting. Instead, he slightly raises one of his eyebrows while looking back with a questioning stare, silently asking why Zech wants to see him.

And as he's being looked at with those sharp onyx orbs, Zech tries to ignore the tension that is slowly building up in the air and approaches the desk. Once he's closed enough, the young Abadeer awkwardly points to the vacant chair that is near him, "Can I sit?"

Sargon didn't say anything, keeping his silence as the tension slowly rise in the air.

But Zech doesn't get any rejection either. So he excuses himself to sit on the chair before letting out a discreet sigh to ease himself. Then, as he feels ready, Zech finally voices out his intention while looking apologetic, "I want to apologize for yelling at you that morning. It's really improper of me to do that."

The older Abadeer continues to be silent and just continues to look at the younger brother that becoming more and more nervous because of his lack of response.